Fitting replacement sidelights/dipped beams

4937Liam

Jan 12, 2010
Lakenheath, Suffolk.
Firstly i opolagise as i have used the search button but just found people who had had the same problems. Im bassically looking for some tips on how to fit the said bulbs into the passenger side headlight. I have a TDi FR and the uber huge battery/cover give you no access to the back of the lamp at all!

How akward is this likely to be?:(

Thanks in advance Liam.

4937Liam

Jan 12, 2010
Lakenheath, Suffolk.
You mean take the battery cover off? is this easy?
Also ive noticed a peice of plastic that seems to run along the back of the passenger side lamp with a couple of screws in it if this could be removed it would help considerably.

I need a pic to explain the latter really.:think:

jonnyboi_101

not battery cover, the cover which is covering the headlamps, should be held on by 2 clips, either side of the cover

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
yeah remove the battery cover, lifts off after pressing two releasing buttons hal;f way down each side of the cover, then the cover with 2 screws fastened to the slam panel.

welsh frtdi

smokey
Oct 3, 2009
carms
remove battery cover 2 clips one either side,take off lamp cover by popping off 2 clips eiyther side,h7 dip bulb ,pop off the clip thats easy. use a pair of 45 degree long nose plyers to remove side light,bit tricky the side light but patients will help you succeed:)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
You mean take the battery cover off? is this easy?
Also ive noticed a peice of plastic that seems to run along the back of the passenger side lamp with a couple of screws in it if this could be removed it would help considerably.

I need a pic to explain the latter really.:think:

Yes you need to remove this and the back of the headlight as mentioned.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.