fitting spoiler to ibiza

killer205

Jun 2, 2007
i was re fitting the spoiler to my ibiza as the bolts that hold it in leak a bit of water in so i took them off and put a bit of greace on them i tighted them up but i did them a bit tight and smashed the window in to 5838289 peices :s

dose anybody elses spoiler leak in the window where the bolts are

also dose anyone know where i can get a new rear windscreen from cheap

cheers

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
I have a spare window with the holes in it but broke one of the heater connectors on it..... £10 and collection it's yours!

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
you could just apply some kind of waterproof silicone seal round the bolts to stop water getting through.

and the rear window should be covered by your insurance, all you have to pay is your excess, autoglass will come and replace it free and it doesn't effect your no claims,
it happened to me, just dont tell them it was your fault lol

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Only works if you fully comp and will need to pay £70 excess fee, did it to my car when it was in the bodyshop had new front and rear but the window I have is from the tailgate I had smoothed.

But using silicone instead of grease would be an idea. I know my old window with the holes in it just had rubber groments and silicone on when the F2 spoiler was fitted.

All depends if you are fully comp and how far you need to travel lol

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
true, but if he is fully comp then 60-70 quid isn't bad, a window would cost 10-20 used then 30-40 on top of that to have it replaced, unless he plans to do it himself lol

and rubber gromets with silicone seal, probably the best way to do it, and dont tighten it to much :cartman:

IBZ.28L

there should be rubber grommets in the rear windscreen to stop this and seal the spoiler to the windscreen.

if there arent i would use sikaflex its what most windscreen guys have. just to seal around the nut .

they are notorious to leak there and corrode around the nut hope it all goes well sorry to hear off the windscreen cracking :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.