Fitting TT 225 turbo on Leon 1.8T 180hp...

puerco

Zamot said:
That's probably true, if I had lived in any other country than Norway!
New price for Cupra R 225: 37000 GBP
New price topsport/cupra 180: 26400 GBP
(With todays GBP/NOK. The cars cost much here due to taxes for among other tings weight and hp)

Also, I have used alot of money on this car, that I never will get back when selling it. And there are practically no used cupra R for sale here...

;)

How much you cost that TT set.. ? and where you buy it ? (german)
my GF´s got 20VT4 too .. with TT set.. and there is about 260Whp now :)

here is more http://www.kolumbus.fi/puerco (that yellow one is my GF, blue is mine)

Zamot

Jan 11, 2004
Edinburgh (Norway)
www.zamot.tk
puerco said:
How much you cost that TT set.. ? and where you buy it ? (german)
my GF´s got 20VT4 too .. with TT set.. and there is about 260Whp now :)

here is more http://www.kolumbus.fi/puerco (that yellow one is my GF, blue is mine)

Hi!
Do you have more info about how the TT Turbo and pipes was fitted? Does it require modifications or other parts to fit? Hav you used more parts than I have bouhgt?

I payed about 1050 Euro + transport from germany.

Nice cars you and your girlfriend have! Maybe you could translate your homepage to english, and give some information about all mods?

puerco

Zamot said:
Hi!
Do you have more info about how the TT Turbo and pipes was fitted? Does it require modifications or other parts to fit? Hav you used more parts than I have bouhgt?

I payed about 1050 Euro + transport from germany.

Nice cars you and your girlfriend have! Maybe you could translate your homepage to english, and give some information about all mods?

My GF´s set is :

kkk04 turbo
S3 Exhaust manifold
440cc injektors
Samco intake
Milltek S3 exhaust
S3 KAt
Modified Boost pipes
Greddy Protec B - spec II boost controller
Softaware made in Dyno ( www.turbotec.com )
Apex eletronic boost gauge + exhaust temperature
3" MAF body
Apex dry filter + Apex Adapter

I think there is all... cooler is orginal but have to change Front mounted IC when got more money.. :)

here is couple pics of GF car ..
http://miisu.1g.fi/kuvat/leon/leon/

We cant go dyno with that car becouse bodykit is so low.. :p :D but i think there is about 260Whp.. and about 280hp .

Last edited by a moderator:

Zamot

Jan 11, 2004
Edinburgh (Norway)
www.zamot.tk
puerco:
Did everything fit bolt-on? Oil/water pipes, IC-pipes, exhaust - no modifications needed?

Have been told that a boostcontroller is waist of money on this engine, a good remap is good enough... Any reason your girlfriend installed one?

Did you have any problems with the mapping or high exhaust temperature?

puerco

Zamot said:
puerco:
Did everything fit bolt-on? Oil/water pipes, IC-pipes, exhaust - no modifications needed?

Have been told that a boostcontroller is waist of money on this engine, a good remap is good enough... Any reason your girlfriend installed one?

Did you have any problems with the mapping or high exhaust temperature?

Boost controller is NOT waist of money.. Remap had do in dynometer.. and still car overboost and everything.. then we got boostcontroller and we can control that overboost and everything from inside.. all work nice now. boost about 1.67bar

Ext temperature is very high.. about 1000c .. but i think when we got new front mouted cooler.. it helps little. Oil / water pipes is quite plug / play.. but IC pipes not.. those had to mod..

4160238.jpg

(if pic dont see.. press ENTER in URL tittle)

SHARKY

I am using this set up for like 6 months now. I am not using the S3 manifold but instead i opted for a tubular one the guy who makes them constructs them in a way that brings the K04 in the same physicall location of the K03 so that you dont need to change your oil water/ lines nor your intake hose pipe. I am using it with 380cc injectors @ 3bar S3 maf case GIAC 5x remap 2.5inch DP 200cpi HJS cat and 2.5inc catback. Also using a FMIC. I am running 1.6bar overboost and 1.4ct boost producing nearly 300bhp and 40kgm of torque. This turbo swap is very common where i live. If you need any help or more details just let me now :cheers:

jmarkha1

Nov 7, 2004
Shepperton, Middlesex
If anyone wants to do this conversion - I am selling all the parts required as below:

I have been collecting all the required parts to convert my 2001 Leon Cupra 180 to LCR spec (225hp). This kit will fit Leons, Ibizas, Golf MKIV, TT180 and A3 as long as you have the 20VT motor.

The kit includes:
K04-023 Turbo (brand new)
Turbo mounting bracket (low miles)
Turbo heat sheilds (low miles)
All water lines from TT225 (low miles)
All Oil lines with banjo fittings and o-rings (new)
Audi S3 downpipe (new)
Audi TT Catalytic Converter (3000 miles use)
LCR complete exhaust - 6 months use.
Turbo studs, o-rings, gaskets (new)
Exhaust manifold gaskets and studs (new)
S3 Exhaust manifold (3000 miles) - no cracks
Exhaust manifold gasket (new)
LCR Inlet manifold and throttle body (3000 miles)
Inlet gasket (new)
Complete fuel rail and 386cc bosch injectors (5000 miles)
S3 Intercooler pipework, brackets and fittings (low miles)
TT 225 original Turbo inlet pipe (low miles)
All parts are cleaned, painted or new with all fixings required.
I can take photos of all these parts for serious enquiries.

I am looking at offers around £1100 for all the above but interested in breaking the kit if someone wanted a significant number of the parts for a car other than a Leon.
Jake - 07903 124778 or Private Message for serious enquiries.
Thanks
:rolleyes:

Zamot

Jan 11, 2004
Edinburgh (Norway)
www.zamot.tk
SHARKY said:
I am using this set up for like 6 months now. I am not using the S3 manifold but instead i opted for a tubular one the guy who makes them constructs them in a way that brings the K04 in the same physicall location of the K03 so that you dont need to change your oil water/ lines nor your intake hose pipe. I am using it with 380cc injectors @ 3bar S3 maf case GIAC 5x remap 2.5inch DP 200cpi HJS cat and 2.5inc catback. Also using a FMIC. I am running 1.6bar overboost and 1.4ct boost producing nearly 300bhp and 40kgm of torque. This turbo swap is very common where i live. If you need any help or more details just let me now :cheers:

That's interesting. I am probably going to use the TT225 manifoild, so I am interested in details about what the differenses are in the water/oil lines, and the pipe that goes from turbo to IC.
How different are the posisions of the turbos?
Do the lines not reach because of this?
Is the the pipe to IC going to be way off in posision?
Is the diameter the same of the pipe to IC on both turbos?
What about the mounting brackets, will this fit somehow (hav received some brackets from TT225).?

Do you see any problems coming up with fitting my parts? Have I forgotten something?

Zamot

Jan 11, 2004
Edinburgh (Norway)
www.zamot.tk
Handed in the car to day, to fit the new turbo.
Unfortunally the TT225 K04 is not straight bolt on. There will be a problem, because the turbo is suited further behind and up with the TT225 manifoild. This means that new oil and waterlines has to be made, and a pipe to the intercooler must be changed. It also looks like a problem with the water lines going in the car(climate) due to the turbo's location. :(

So now I don't know what to do, the turbo, manifoid and exhaust is demounted. It will be waist of alot money just to put the K03 turbo back in, and it will cost alot to have them make new pipes and stuff to get the kit fitted, so I'm now looking for a replacement bolt-on turbo. Any Ideas? (K03S?)

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
well i think a call to JBS is definately on the cards as they have the slighlty smaller GT28 turbo, its not a full on GT28RS ( more info on their site) but it is a simple turbo swap job and needs no upgrades to internals, just a remap.

rogerius

May 18, 2005
So now I don't know what to do, the turbo, manifoid and exhaust is demounted. It will be waist of alot money just to put the K03 turbo back in, and it will cost alot to have them make new pipes and stuff to get the kit fitted, so I'm now looking for a replacement bolt-on turbo. Any Ideas? (K03S?)

Shock_Xe

would be an upgrade, better than k03, wanna do a deal? K03s for K04 in sorts

Zamot

Jan 11, 2004
Edinburgh (Norway)
www.zamot.tk
Have done some research today. I might be going for the same K04-01 Hybrid that RobDon has.

Another alternative is the stock K04-01.

Third is to wait for the ATP GT2X, but I need a turbo NOW.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.