Fitting TT 225 turbo on Leon 1.8T 180hp...

Zamot

Jan 11, 2004
Edinburgh (Norway)
www.zamot.tk
Finally, everything is installed!

Turbo, DP/Cat and Samco turbo intake hose (TIP) arrived last week, and it was installed on monday. Yesterday we struggled to get the Samco 225 Tip in place, as it is sligthly different formed than the 180hp intake hose, and the 4 hoses going into are not at the same places. It is also very very tricky to fit hoses down there because there is no space... But I managed to get some extention hoses to attach to the tip before this was installed. Had to cut the TIP a bit at the turbo to get in place. With the extention hoses connected to the holes on the TIP we got it installed, and then there was some fiddeling with cutting the hoses and attaching the small hoses (recycl. valve etc.).

So with the new turbo, DP/cat, TIP, MAF and injectors the car started with no problems. Getting it mapped next week as my tuner is off for a track day tomorrow. He tried the car a little bit and told me the turbo spooled up very fast. So it's lookin very promising!!

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
I have a audi s3 turbo/manifold and downpipe sitting here if anyone is interested,car had done 45k when taken off.Make me a offer before i ebay the lot.

Zamot

Jan 11, 2004
Edinburgh (Norway)
www.zamot.tk
ryan_s3 said:
I have a audi s3 turbo/manifold and downpipe sitting here if anyone is interested,car had done 45k when taken off.Make me a offer before i ebay the lot.

I also have this for sale:

TT225 K04 Turbo
Manifold
Downpipe
Supersprint cat (new)
Intake hose
And more..

Car is going to be mapped on tuesday I hope! :)

Last edited:

Zamot

Jan 11, 2004
Edinburgh (Norway)
www.zamot.tk
Finally! :) :) :)
The turbo upgrade project is finished!
Mapped the car today, and the results are very good!

On the dyno, we got 250hp and 332NM, but we did some more mapping on the road after this (the wheels where slipping a bit on the dyno). So it is at least these figures.

Also changed the fuel pressure regulator, as the injectors didn't deliver enough. The limit was after this in running the MAF inside it's working area.

On the road its very good and strong, the power is very smooth, and is present all the way. The throttle response is also better than before, the spoolup is fast, and the pressure builds up very smooth. Before, the pressure took a little time to build up, and then suddenly came. So the car is now actually easier to drive for people not used to the car, especially in 1 and 2. gear on low revs.

As a very nice bonus, the turbo sound is just amazing with this maxflow kit. Very nice and loud whisteling when charging!! And also (a bit varying) nice sound when the recycling valve dumps the air.

:)

Shock_Xe

Zamot said:
Finally! :) :) :)
The turbo upgrade project is finished!
Mapped the car today, and the results are very good!

On the dyno, we got 250hp and 332NM, but we did some more mapping on the road after this (the wheels where slipping a bit on the dyno). So it is at least these figures.

Also changed the fuel pressure regulator, as the injectors didn't deliver enough. The limit was after this in running the MAF inside it's working area.

On the road its very good and strong, the power is very smooth, and is present all the way. The throttle response is also better than before, the spoolup is fast, and the pressure builds up very smooth. Before, the pressure took a little time to build up, and then suddenly came. So the car is now actually easier to drive for people not used to the car, especially in 1 and 2. gear on low revs.

As a very nice bonus, the turbo sound is just amazing with this maxflow kit. Very nice and loud whisteling when charging!! And also (a bit varying) nice sound when the recycling valve dumps the air.

:)

:thumbup: :clap:

SHARKY

:thumbup: nice. The injectors are 386 (if TT items) how much boost are you running?
Have Fun :cheers:

sparkus2

im just about to embark on similar project on my ibiza but i am building a complete turbo out of a ko3 of ibiza and k04 of a tt 225.basically it is going to k03 exhaust housing,turbo body withk04 inlet backing plate k04 shaft,impeller,internels and k04 clam shell slightly moded to fit.maybe be built by weekend fingers crossed.

Zamot

Jan 11, 2004
Edinburgh (Norway)
www.zamot.tk
Did some VagCom logging. Got over 260HP and 340NM. The logging was not very good, poor time-resolution, and did not rev all the way in all gears. Attached a measurement for 3. gear wich indicates how the power/tourqe and boost behaives.

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
DSC02019.jpg

my word, where in the world do you live to have that much rust!
thats worrying :(