Fitting W8 interior light?

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
Has anyone here fitted the Passat W8 interior light to their Mk4 Ibiza? I know a lot of people have done it to the Leon but can anyone confirm that this light fits the Mk4 without too much cutting of the headlining?

Anybody know if the Leon interior light is the same same as the Mk4's?

Cheers.

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
Chemical Al said:
youve probably seen this fitting guide for leon - guessing its similar for the mk 4

I did mate, from the pics it looks to be a similar size to the one I have already but dont fancy having to cut much, if any, of the headlining.

also looking to know if the W8 light uses the same fixing clips as the Mk4 - i.e. will it clip/screw in to the same place?

The GF just bought a Mini and it has a similar set up with the led's lighting up the centre console - looks great.

Cheers.

pine

Sep 30, 2005
Finland
That guide works almost one-on-one. I put mine in few weeks ago. Only thing you need to cut is the polystyrenefoam-piece behind the light so that the wires will fit. The colours of the wiring are a bit different but it's easy to figure out which is which. W8 light uses clips to attach and original is with two screws. No pics, sorry..

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise