fix for pedal box

Mcspoo

I managed to repair my pedal box, without major hassel.

Line it up and drill a hole through the bracket and the bulkhead. Use a big washer and some silicone to stop it ripping a hole in your bulkhead and stop any water ingress.

Been fine so far.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Why through the bulkhead? where exactly did it snap? When I did mine on my old 1.4 many years ago, I simply drilled through both sections of the pedalbox assembly as it had split across two parts that overlay each other

Mcspoo

It sheared off right next to the break pedal pivot and had no way of fixing back together at that area.

Any idea where I can pick up a gearbox. Mine packed in this morning!!

Had a look in the local scrappies. Even though they seem to have a couple of dozen VAG cars none of the boxes seem to be the same. (loads of 1litre polos, which look similar but I dont know if they will fit my 1.4)[:@]

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
It sheared off right next to the break pedal pivot and had no way of fixing back together at that area.

Any idea where I can pick up a gearbox. Mine packed in this morning!!

Had a look in the local scrappies. Even though they seem to have a couple of dozen VAG cars none of the boxes seem to be the same. (loads of 1litre polos, which look similar but I dont know if they will fit my 1.4)[:@]

The gearboxes will fit. A pretty much straight swap (I think :confused:) Only difference will possibly be the gear ratio's of the box.

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
you want the same box ideally... theres a code on it that you want to match up... if you think it looks the same, and ends up with a different shift mechanism or something petty... you could end up with a major headache

ebay usually has a nice range of gearboxes

Mcspoo

Too tight to pay some of their prices (I'm a Fifer).

I have been in touch with some local scrappies, got a quote of £70, waiting on details of miles etc

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members