[FIXED]TFSI Idleing speed issues

inkogneetoe

Hi,

Yesterday I noted that my TFSI Sport 185Bhp is idling strangely. At low idle,especially when cold the exhaust noise sounds "dirty" and the engine sounds like its almost miss firing. Also some times the engine will idle high usually after decelerating to a stop at traffic lights for example.

She has 40k miles and is due a service.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

inkogneetoe

oh it does ya and settles even quicker my tapping the accelerator

inkogneetoe

Right Ive had her on the computer and shes showing many faults including cylinder miss fires. the main faults point to a manifold air leak so he guy i brought it to said. Am bringing it to a seat/volkswagen service center tomorrow to get it sorted quickly

inkogneetoe

So after more time on the machines the fault is in the ECU. A warranty job due on the car is a software update which the techs say MAY fix the fault. If it does not work,the ECU will be left dead which will have a cost of 1100 Euro to replace.

inkogneetoe

Right an update:
The software update has been carried out and all faults cleared.Turns out after contacting Seat main base the software was designed to combat various faults incl. mine and would not leave the ECU dead.

However the rough idle still exists.

Things done to date: Spark Plugs changed, Coil Pack change(warranty),ECU software update(warranty),diagnostic checks and all ECU faults cleared.

Car still idles rough,any ideas before I drop her back into seat?
I was going to change the fuel filter myself today as its the only thing I can think of that I can do myself and its cheap.

inkogneetoe

PCV? :confused:

That little one sitting on the engine just under the plastic engine cover?

Found it

Last edited by a moderator:

inkogneetoe

Right I've read up on what a PCV is and does and it does tie in with the issues my motor is having. Just ordered one from Seat, £35 incl vat,will have it Tuesday. Cant imagine theres too much to replacing it?

inkogneetoe

FIXED!!!! Got the PCV valve today and fitted in 10 mins. Started her up and shes running like a dream :clap:

inkogneetoe

Not yet,I do intend too though. The new one is a little different looking too,guess its an improved design

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.