FL Cupra boot keep kinda opening

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
Hey all,

just wondering if any advice before I ring dealers n book it in.

It seems for the past few days the boot keeps half opening, like it's still attatched but not fully shut, like when you dint shut it properly. I get out, lock it, leave it a few hours then come back and it's open like this, and the dash display shows me it's open and the interior light is on, so it's definatly open.

After getting out and shutting it, it's ok while driving, but then for the last 3 times anyways, it's unlocked again after a few hours, or night as the first time.

Obvious concern is that someone might be able to get in but as said it's like it's still half latched on.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I would suspect that that the adjusters that can been seen on the corners of the boot when you open it need adjusting as a too far out hence the problem closing. Dead simple adjustment and should sort it. Worth the dealers having a check seeing as it is under warranty!!

jaykicksass

2011 SEAT Leon SE 1.2 tsi
Jun 11, 2009
devon
You may accidentally be pressing the boot button on your key at the same time as unlocking it as mine has done this a couple of times!

Jamie

hmmm

But would that just unlock it? it wouldnt cause it to come half open would it?

I can't remember but i think as you click the boot release it pops out of the catch and then sits 'open'... might be wrong and thinking of my mums landy :confused:

i would look at the adjusters too as before mentioned make sure they aren't too long (won't close properly) or not short (closes but rattles)

tissot

Jan 3, 2007
york
mine wouldnt shut, but did. but said it was open and rear lights wouldnt work. dealer fixed it with new handle lock etc

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
If it were unlocked by accident via the remote it shouldn't pop likewise if it then isn't opened it should automatically relock and arm the alarm.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.