Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

FL Cupra boot keep kinda opening

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2 (2006-2012)' started by webhype, Mar 15, 2010.

1. webhype

webhype Active Member

Hey all,

just wondering if any advice before I ring dealers n book it in.

It seems for the past few days the boot keeps half opening, like it's still attatched but not fully shut, like when you dint shut it properly. I get out, lock it, leave it a few hours then come back and it's open like this, and the dash display shows me it's open and the interior light is on, so it's definatly open.

After getting out and shutting it, it's ok while driving, but then for the last 3 times anyways, it's unlocked again after a few hours, or night as the first time.

Obvious concern is that someone might be able to get in but as said it's like it's still half latched on.

2. jezyg

jezyg Active Member

I would suspect that that the adjusters that can been seen on the corners of the boot when you open it need adjusting as a too far out hence the problem closing. Dead simple adjustment and should sort it. Worth the dealers having a check seeing as it is under warranty!!

3. jaykicksass

jaykicksass 2011 SEAT Leon SE 1.2 tsi

You may accidentally be pressing the boot button on your key at the same time as unlocking it as mine has done this a couple of times!

Jamie

4. webhype

webhype Active Member

hmmm

But would that just unlock it? it wouldnt cause it to come half open would it?

5. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider brum brum

I can't remember but i think as you click the boot release it pops out of the catch and then sits 'open'... might be wrong and thinking of my mums landy :confused:

i would look at the adjusters too as before mentioned make sure they aren't too long (won't close properly) or not short (closes but rattles)

6. tissot

tissot Active Member

mine wouldnt shut, but did. but said it was open and rear lights wouldnt work. dealer fixed it with new handle lock etc

7. Cupra R

If it were unlocked by accident via the remote it shouldn't pop likewise if it then isn't opened it should automatically relock and arm the alarm.