Flashing Heater Plug Light

jiege01

Toledo TDI
Jan 11, 2006
Magherafelt, NI
the heater plug light on my 2001 tdi toledo started flashing for about 2 mins tonight and then went off again. anybody have any ideas what this is/was telling me?

nick radwell

not that new
Nov 12, 2004
aylesbury
i had this fault on my leon tdi its the acc petentionmeter sensor but it happened to me twice on the autobahn both times at over 100mph in the fast line u just lose all power and the acc dont work ie no revving as u press the pedal !
mine was i think where i fitted my boost gauges water leaked down onto the sensor (at the back of the dash above the pedal) i think so might be worth a checking for leaks!!

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
nick radwell said:
i had this fault on my leon tdi its the acc petentionmeter sensor but it happened to me twice on the autobahn both times at over 100mph in the fast line u just lose all power and the acc dont work ie no revving as u press the pedal !
mine was i think where i fitted my boost gauges water leaked down onto the sensor (at the back of the dash above the pedal) i think so might be worth a checking for leaks!!

flashing glow plug lite means a general prob with engine management, but if it occurs sporadically and the car drives ok then it will most prolly be the brake light bulbs or a brake switch failure [under the brake pedal],,,

nick radwell

not that new
Nov 12, 2004
aylesbury
no if u actually check the book it says engine managemnt fault or acc pententionmeter if it comes on when ur driving u will see what i mean its not good! just checks for leaks as its a known prob with seats and u dont want that happening i assure its a pain in the *%$£! also if u refer to the petrols the warning light is in the position of the epc light on the petrol which is to do with the acc!

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
nick radwell said:
no if u actually check the book it says engine managemnt fault or acc pententionmeter

that's why I said:

basstard said:
flashing glow plug lite means a general prob with engine management

as the book says,,,
but I wonder why you don't believe me since this [the brake light thing] has happened to me and the glow plug lite was flashin on the dashboard. This has happened to hundreds of people,,,
http://tdiclub.com/TDIFAQ/TDiFAQ-8.html#d
on third point,,,

nick radwell

not that new
Nov 12, 2004
aylesbury
oh and the other reason why is bcos when i had a brake light out mine did not flash at all and thats why i found out by bieng pulled over by the police and told i had a brake light out!! maybe its just on foriegn models depends how its programmed is it not!?? im just warning to check the other thing as its a bit more dangerous than having a bulb out!

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
it doesn't do it everytime on mine indeed,,, did it just once.
Probably that's because I have [don't know if it's the same on the leon] position lights and brake lights in the same bulb so maybe it just flashes when both of the wires inside the bulb get shot,,, :confused:

nick radwell

not that new
Nov 12, 2004
aylesbury
check for water in the footwells then get it tnto the garage even if they just interrogate the ecu they can find out what triggered it!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members