Flashing phone

May 4, 2019
Hello Guys,

Please help me with this , Thank You in advance !

When moving, the display on the radio flashing PHONE and whatever I am listening (tape, cd, or radio). The volume seems to go back to 00.

Seat leon mk1 Aura radio

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
It has a auto mute function for when a car phone would of rang. That must be activating for some reason. Maybe check the wiring plugs on the back aren't pinched against the bodywork. Like big T says, if you can find a manual then there may be a way of disabling it.

If not and you really want to keep in then there is a pin out for the connectors in this thread. https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/stereo-cd-changer-wiring-diagram.123799/

As you can see from the pin-out, there are a few connections that are for the phone. I think i'd concentrate on pin no2 on section 3. That is 'active low' so that means that to activate the mute function, that pin is pulled to ground. If the wiring to that pin is somehow touching a bit of bodywork then that would pull it to ground and cause the issue.

As a very last resort, if you know a bit about electrionics, then you could try cutting that wire and applying 12v directly to it instead (from a switched live). That would then keep the line 'high' and the mute fuction off...... That is a last resort though because there is a small chance that the 'high' signal is supposed to be only 5volts, although that would be very unlikely in my opinion....90% sure that it will be 12v.

Hope that's some help.

Reactions: bigT's lcr
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.