Flashing red light and three beeps in temperature gauge

mikesndbs

Apr 3, 2010
West Sussex UK
www.youtube.com
Hi Chaps

No codes stored anywhere that I can find.

Drove car about 10 miles, left it while shopping when I came back and started her up got three beeps and the red LED flashing in temp.

All works fine.

Scanned for codes at home but none stored.

Going to let her cool down and then check fluid level, I assume this is the problem?

I think it is because when I got home and re started while hot, no beeps now LED?

Just want to confirm all I need to do is check and maybe clean the sensor?

Thanks

Mike

mikesndbs

Apr 3, 2010
West Sussex UK
www.youtube.com
OK, been out and checked! I think the level had gone down a bit!
There is a kind of scoop shaped thing with two wires, I assume this is the sensor.
Anyway I could see the min level on the tank but not a max, so I used filtered water to fill just above the sensor scoop thing.

Now, I had a new rad fitted last summer, should I be concerned about fluid loss?
There are no patches on the floor or hints in the engine room.

Maybe because its now cold the level just dipped a bit

mikesndbs

Apr 3, 2010
West Sussex UK
www.youtube.com
:-( bit more worried now!

I just took the oil filler cap off and found a fair bit of creamy stuff! under the rim and on the bottom of the cap!
So am thinking water loss and now water in oil????
OH heck.

The car does sit most of the week outside without getting used as I have a little car I use for work, could it be just condensation.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
condensation, give her a good run.
Sould be topping up with the proper coolant, get it off the dealer. If its above the min mark, scrape the prongs

Rauer

Course it's exactly the same if your unsure if it's the same do the fix as it costs nothing then come and ask for help if it doesn't work!

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
It will come back soon after you scrape the prongs!

Replace the cooant tank with the sensor in it only a tenner from dealers. Mine never beeps at me in cold weather any more!!!

Only way to solve this very frequent question on this forum!!

Rauer

It will come back soon after you scrape the prongs!

Replace the cooant tank with the sensor in it only a tenner from dealers. Mine never beeps at me in cold weather any more!!!

Only way to solve this very frequent question on this forum!!

Hmmm that's cheap , I scraped mine and it's been ok but if it comes back again this winter I'll keep doing the scrape and change it in the summer!

Rauer

I know I think I started it off! But at least I read the manual first!

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
For real!!!! the tank is about 10 quid from dealers. only way to sort it imo

i scraped the prongs and it lasted a few months till the light came on again!! New tank and 2 years later and still nothing.