Flashing red light and three beeps in temperature gauge

Rauer

Well considering you checked the fluid and it was ok, at that particular time it was the said fault, ever heard the phrase a little information can be dangerous?
Edit: just read again and noticed that your fluid had dropped , I would of been checking it often once I had noticed it drop

1 piece of advice is ,
grab code reader
Throw on floor
Stamp on it

Cause it isn't helping you

Well considering you checked the fluid and it was ok, at that particular time it was the said fault, ever heard the phrase a little information can be dangerous?

Don't know, I wonder if it would be prudent advice for others to get the fluid checked for hydrocarbons when they get this and there is a slight loss?

True, cleaning the sensor resolved it at that time.

Just would not want anyone else to go through what I have.

Little info can be dangerous, well maybe but I am sure in 99.9% of cases it is nothing more than a dirty sensor so it was all valid, just my luck to be the 0.01 LOL

Rauer

It didn't this time tho did it ! It gave a fault and you put it down to a faulty sensor!

It didn't this time tho did it ! It gave a fault and you put it down to a faulty sensor!

:blink: I get the feeling you have the hump with me for some reason?

I initially bought what I thought would be a solid reliable car.
Then when it kept falling apart I came here and got lots of valuable help.
Again after having to keep taking it to be code read at about £40 a pop I was advised to get a reader and post the results here.
This I have done and had loads of helpful replies.

I never said I was an expert, I try hard and have fixed up quite a few things and even posted some guides like the one for the washer hose under the dash.

We can't all be mechanics and wise to every trick but we can try our level best.

I'd rather just drive the car and get it serviced once a year and never have to think about codes and other stuff.

Before this car my first ever car was a Mk2 vaux cav 1982 and I had her for 23 years doing almost all the servicing and work, not that she ever needed stuff like this Leon has.
So I am not stupid at all.

Maybe I have just ended up with a dreadful car, time maybe to cut my losses and buy a Ford Focus, because as it is I am **** scared to use this one :-(

Rauer

All I'm trying to say is code readers will give you an error code which will be summat like coolant yep sensor fault but you can't always jump to the conclusion that it's the fault , all the reader is saying is the sensor has been in a fault position , from this you have to work out why it's been in fault , is the sensor faulty or is something mechanically wrong. in the nicest possible way if you are that scared to drive it sell it, there's no point driving a car you can't enjoy, my missus first car used to cut out all the time due to a problem with the choke- now she doesn't really like driving incase she brakes down. Focus's are worse, as I've told you previously my mates an RAC man and that's what he gets called out to most, if I was you with your mpg concerns get a prius or somesort of hybrid! I don't like Japcars but how many old ones do you see on the road still going strong and how many do u see on the side of the road

All I'm trying to say is code readers will give you an error code which will be summat like coolant yep sensor fault but you can't always jump to the conclusion that it's the fault , all the reader is saying is the sensor has been in a fault position , from this you have to work out why it's been in fault , is the sensor faulty or is something mechanically wrong. in the nicest possible way if you are that scared to drive it sell it, there's no point driving a car you can't enjoy, my missus first car used to cut out all the time due to a problem with the choke- now she doesn't really like driving incase she brakes down. Focus's are worse, as I've told you previously my mates an RAC man and that's what he gets called out to most, if I was you with your mpg concerns get a prius or somesort of hybrid! I don't like Japcars but how many old ones do you see on the road still going strong and how many do u see on the side of the road

OK mate good points well made.
I wonder if the Focus's are just so damn common which is why he sees loads.

When this car runs I do enjoy it I really do but it really has been one thing after another.
Just forked out £2800 for new engine and now it looks like the MAF needs sorting, if I could get to a level where nothing needs doing for a while I might feel different.

Yes, MPG does concern me, not so much for the cost but environment, however my yearly miles are only about 6K.

Where I am at now is, having spent nearly 4K on repairs etc part of me thinks I should keep it and get some value back.
But I never seem to get to the point where these is nothing wrong with it.
I am sure you can understand what I mean.

I would much rather be on here with tales of bits and bobs I have done and maybe a few customisations than reporting its gone pop again.

Anyway, bed time here :)

alcarp

From the Manual

2 – Coolant temperature/level*

The warning lamp lights up for a few seconds
as a functional check when ignition
is switched on.

If the lamp does not go out afterwards or
lights up or flashes when driving, either
the coolant temperature is too high or the
coolant level too low.

An acoustic signal