davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
looky what i got today:p
Photo-0021.jpg

blackmagicbeeza

hi peeps,

took the plunge and bought a flip key, in the process of trying to carry out the operation now..but..

where can i find the transponder chip/immobiliser chip in the original one? so i can replace it with my one?

ive enclosed a pic..anone like to point out where i can find it?

tid
Photo-0150.jpg

:blink:

blackmagicbeeza

okay funky..gunna give it a good prize..with very minimal nails!:)

blackmagicbeeza

okay..i had a quick look at how to get the transponder out from my "none" remote key..it looks pretty well wedged with the glue..

Glennolls

Jan 18, 2005
Manchester
where can i find the transponder chip/immobiliser chip in the original one? so i can replace it with my one?

ive enclosed a pic..anone like to point out where i can find it?

QUOTE]

the chip is in the plastic section that the key blade attatches to. its a pain to get apart though. i found using a small screwdriver to prise the two halves apart worked ok.

blackmagicbeeza

thanks for your help guys.

can i ask where you put the flat head screwdriver? im finding it tough trying to prise it with out having takeing chucks out of the plastic.

i dont think ill have any of the plastic fob left soon...:rolleyes:

Glennolls

Jan 18, 2005
Manchester
i used the screwdriver in the middle bit which will be hidden when you put the button part of the key back together with this section. sadly it does tend to adjust the plastic shape slightly!

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
Right - I've read through this thread quite a lot and there are a few bits I don't understand.

Will a key with part number HLO 1JO 959 753 AG FREQUENCY (434MHZ) work with my new Ibiza? The current key doesn't have a frequency on the outside??

Will it code to my alarm and immobiliser by following the instructions?
Cheers

gazjones

i belive all the mk4 keys can be changed for flip keys as people with 434mhz and 433 have done it

gazjones

the transponder chip has nothing to do with the locking its just for starting the car but will work just look for the part no.s in the first thread as i know this key definatly works

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.