flip key info thread

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Are the blades easy to change in the top part? Does that teeny tiny pin punch out, allowing the blades to be changed? I might have bent my key.......

Jimski

JRROPER

RIGHT, amazingly confused and annoyed! ive lost my main key and i am now using my spare. looking to order a new flip key but havent got a clue which one to get, my spare keys says HAA and w3 on it if this helps......

Degenatron

Long time watcher, first time poster here.

Pic here: i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee393/degenatr0n/IMG_20110426_133921.jpg
(Seat badge in the post :p)

Can say it all definately works on my '53 Ibiza Sport. Heres what worked for me (all ebay):
"3 BUTTON FLIP KEY REMOTE FOB VW, SEAT, SKODA DA"
"VW REMOTE FLIP KEY HAA BLADE"

Followed Red panda's method (ignition on, lock drivers door, press unlock once, then again in 6 secs) but took a while as I forgot to do the LAST step which is of course remove key from ignition!

Transponder removed from the plain spare key via ACETONE and just lifted right out.

So for anyone wondering what definately works on the mk4 Ibiza, look no further... Not at all bad for £33!

ALEXZ360

Right Guys Ive Hit Abit Of A Barrier With My Flip Key, My Dad Managed To Get The Key Out My Spare Key, And When We Tried Opening The Flip Key It Had A Screw Behind The VW Sign Which We Had To Drill Out, After Drilling It Out We Put The Transponder In And Closed It, It Wouldnt Sit Flush So We Opened It Again To Find The Key Had Crushed The Transponder When We Had Closed It,

Now My Question Is, Will The Transponder Out My Old Red Ibiza (Same Year, Engine, Model Etc) Be Alright To Use On My New Ibiza?? And Has Anyone Got the Same Key As Mine?

This Is The One I Bought

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....ee-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1#ht_500wt_1156

cbr40017

Nov 24, 2006
Hampshire
That (and Discostew's feedback) is good enough for me, going to get myself one from that seller shortly. :)

Yep i got the same key as Discostew & it works on lock / unlock & the boot button on my 2008 1.9tdi sportrider, only prob at the mo is that after getting the blank blade cut by timpsons it wouldent go in so off back to timpsons & a recut & it will go in but not turn, so have to pop back tommorow or next week for them to re-do it :(

UPDATE
Back to timpsons today & re-cut not working in & out a couple more times & key would go in nice and smooth but not turn, guy said theres nothing more he can do After 5 cuts so left dissapointed.

Got home & looked closley at original & flip & thought it looked a little bit wider at the base of the new flip key so got the file out & after a couple of minuetes ..................it works
So £13 & i have a 3 button flip key, well chuffed

Last edited:

Wilson9

Oct 12, 2010
i still cant get the key to code with the car and im on my second key trying this and all different methods of coding.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
i still cant get the key to code with the car and im on my second key trying this and all different methods of coding.
Have you tried using VCDS?

If so, and you're still having trouble, try deleting all matched remotes first before recoding your new one in. Only do this if you are 100% certain the key you have is compatible though.

Wilson9

Oct 12, 2010
think ill give up now, will end up getting a new car before i get the keys working.

Have a Vag com cable but im not that confident in using it.

used to have an alarm fitted but took it out as it went haywire, might be to do with that.

Deleted member 35176

Chris don't mean to be a pain but it really don't say it on my key

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.