flip key info thread

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
....However, despite the key in the link you provided having a new immobiliser chip, that still needs coding to your car, which can only be done by auto-locksmiths or those with SKC code retrieval software and VCDS.

unless you know the skc already (usually on a tag on the keyring when car first purchased and usually lost by 2 or 3rd owner!!). then you just need vcds to do it

CupraJ1

Nov 20, 2009
I bought a Siemens 3DO959753P flip key for my leaon but since read these threads to realise it won't work as I need Hella. If those with seat ibiza 2/3 need a siemens one then contact me for/with details. If anyone has a Hella key with correct part nos would be interested too!!

[email protected]

wavejumper

My key has stopped working on my Leon and I've changed the battery but it still doesn't work. The light on it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas what it may be???
I'm completely stumped as everything else looks ok???

Warning

Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
My key has stopped working on my Leon and I've changed the battery but it still doesn't work. The light on it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas what it may be???
I'm completely stumped as everything else looks ok???

i know it sounds stupid but the ammount of times i've put these coin type batteries in the wrong way around its in the millions, so is the battery the right way around?

wavejumper

I've had a look and definately have the battery the right way around. No idea why it has stopped working. I only have one key so if I buy another off ebay can I get it working or do I need a trip to the dealer? Grateful for any help at all. Cheers.

gaz19uk04

im having trouble with my key fob on my seat leon it intermittently isnt working a month ago the battery was replaced but now having trouble with locking/unlocking the doors, it was opening the driver door only but locking all the doors for a few days then two days ago stopped working all together, and now its strated working again??? any help? i have the two button non flip key...need advice please

gaz19uk04

thnaks for quick reply but only thing is the red light flashes still on remote? dont wana go spendin money on new remote is it sounds more like door modules or convenience module???

Red Panda

Apr 18, 2010
Not telling
thnaks for quick reply but only thing is the red light flashes still on remote? dont wana go spendin money on new remote is it sounds more like door modules or convenience module???

Have you done a scan? I agree, it might be as you say and I guess and a vagcom scan will show up faulty modules hopefully. Good luck.

Btw not sure where you are located butpeople on here with vagcom might be able to help if you havent got it for yourself .

Last edited:

gaz19uk04

walsall in west mids so if anyone has vag.com and can help me out would be appreciated cus its driving me nuts, thanks btw

Red Panda

Apr 18, 2010
Not telling
walsall in west mids so if anyone has vag.com and can help me out would be appreciated cus its driving me nuts, thanks btw
Gaz matey, you'll have more luck possibly posting a vagcom request in the vagcom section I'd say. There may be someone in your area whose already posted an offer of help. Good luck fella :)

gaz19uk04

chris have you tried emailin the seller? surely its within his interest to sell you the right key else you could just return it?!

Red Panda

Apr 18, 2010
Not telling

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
Went with my instinct and bought it! ;)

Got my transponder chip out eventually, after hours with acetone (nail polish remover), ''sticky stuff remover'' and a sharp sowing needle! It seems to have a slight 0.75mm fracture (not sure if it's just a defect on the inside), but didn't break any glass/snap it. Hopefully it should be alright.

Will I need to remove another glued-in transponder once the new remote comes, or will it be loosely fitted?

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Went with my instinct and bought it! ;)

Got my transponder chip out eventually, after hours with acetone (nail polish remover), ''sticky stuff remover'' and a sharp sowing needle! It seems to have a slight 0.75mm fracture (not sure if it's just a defect on the inside), but didn't break any glass/snap it. Hopefully it should be alright.

Will I need to remove another glued-in transponder once the new remote comes, or will it be loosely fitted?
The transponder chip you removed, was it from a non-remote key, or just a non-flip key? I found the transponder in my non-remote key was glued in, but in the non-flip remote key, it was only wedged it. And in my new flip key, again it is only wedged in.

IMO, you needn't have bothered removing the transponder, as the key you have coming (as per the link you provided) comes with a virgin transponder, which you could have coded to your car. All you have to do is find an auto-locksmith, they'll just copy the transponder chip in one of your old keys, and flash it to the transponder in the new key. This could cost £15-£30, but it would mean you have an additional key, rather than rendering an old one useless.

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Yeah, non-remote was glued, remote was wedged in.

True.. but if I get this working, I'll have 2 remotes. Won't need a silly non-remote key :p

Worst comes to worst I can always get the transponder copied if I want the original key back.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Very true mate, just thought I'd mention it as a 3rd key would be useful for me, as my mother and father are both on the insurance policy I'm on. Whether you're in the same boat so to speak I don't know. I've just given the old remote key to my mother, not like I need it now :D

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Well, yes, both my parents are on my policy. However one spare key is always kept at home in a safe place, and both have their own car so don't see why they really need my keys.

Plus I don't like my mum driving my car...she drives straight through pot holes!!

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Well, yes, both my parents are on my policy. However one spare key is always kept at home in a safe place, and both have their own car so don't see why they really need my keys.

Plus I don't like my mum driving my car...she drives straight through pot holes!!
My mum has her car, dad has his van... so same boat really. I hate them driving my car too, Dad (at 50) drives like a boy racer, mother curbs wheels and bangs mirrors... I might not be perfect but still, I've not damaged my car yet!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.