flip key info thread

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
Oh god, my mum and wheels.

A few years back when my dad got his new RS4 (white with anthracite alloys), after 3 days my mum managed to curbed the alloys on the school run! My dad was close to tears!!

How come you give them the keys? Just in case?

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Hi, i have a big update, from an ebay seller. i linked him to this thread to see if he could advise any of us what is needed.

Hi

First of all - if you can post an information on the forum.
frequency may be similar or even the same but the remote will not work as in your case.
The issue is in way of communication.
to make it very simple - DA model to open the door transmits 1111 and to close 0000. (A) model to open will transmit 0110 and to close 1001. that's how it works. Also each remote has part number and this number is the most important not frequency.
It is true that all remotes are 433.92 or 434 or called 433. But other brands has the same frequencies and obviously Vauxhall or other Peugeot remote will not work on your car eve it is the same frequency.
I know what I'm talking about as I'm in the business fro a while and have access to manufacturers database etc...
A remote was used between 1998 and 2001 than we had 1J0 959 753 N 2000-2001 and again this remote is not compatible with 1K0 959 753 N. (only 1 letter K instead J and it makes huge difference). then after 2001 we had CT and DA remotes.

we also have model year ie cars produced in 2001 can be 2002 model year.

Re your car.
your car officially needs remote with part number CT (2 button one) but in 99% cases it can be DA 3 button model.
I believe that DA will work with your car perfect (above applies to all 6L models).

Forgot to add - you wrote that you want to replace standard key. What does it mean?
For me standard key may mean something different....
All above is true if you have remote non flip key.
If your "standard"key is non remote non flip key then you cant have any remote key as your car doesn't have remote signal receiver fitted.

Hope it all makes sense.

And please - post above info to the forum.

If you have any more questions - please let me know.

thanks
Robert

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180670965308&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT - link for anyone interested!

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Oh god, my mum and wheels.

A few years back when my dad got his new RS4 (white with anthracite alloys), after 3 days my mum managed to curbed the alloys on the school run! My dad was close to tears!!

How come you give them the keys? Just in case?
I bet your dad thought twice about letting your mum drive it again :lol:

Yeah just in case really, dad doesn't have a key, mum does and she keeps it on her key ring. I'm not fussed where she keeps it, for all I care she could just leave it in a safe place at home, but I see it pointless me keeping it or hiding it away somewhere.

Veyron - that clears a few issues up! Certainly explains why your A key doesn't work. Just replace the remote (bottom section) of your key with a DA one, will work then! And only costs £22 :D

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
I bet your dad thought twice about letting your mum drive it again :lol:

Yeah just in case really, dad doesn't have a key, mum does and she keeps it on her key ring. I'm not fussed where she keeps it, for all I care she could just leave it in a safe place at home, but I see it pointless me keeping it or hiding it away somewhere.

Veyron - that clears a few issues up! Certainly explains why your A key doesn't work. Just replace the remote (bottom section) of your key with a DA one, will work then! And only costs £22 :D

I was going to but figured i'd push the boat out and get the full thing! Mine is scratched badly and can now swap the blades over, put the virgin transponder in the "A" one and then sell it with new transponder and fresh uncut blade!

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
I was going to but figured i'd push the boat out and get the full thing! Mine is scratched badly and can now swap the blades over, put the virgin transponder in the "A" one and then sell it with new transponder and fresh uncut blade!
That's actually a very good idea :lol: should have thought of that myself :think:

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
Okay, so all is ordered and am now waiting for it to be delivered.

To save the time and effort of driving to and parking near a Timpson's / key cutters, and have the possibility of a key not working, I decided to order a key from eBay from a seller who cuts the keys depending on the key code.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....71906&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2180wt_1141

Cost of getting a key cut = £5-10, parking = £2, petrol £3-4, time = 1-2 hours.

And £12 for a pre-cut key delivered to my door? DEAL!

Plus I now have a spare blank key which retail at £5-7?

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
To save the time and effort of driving to and parking near a Timpson's / key cutters, and have the possibility of a key not working, I decided to order a key from eBay from a seller who cuts the keys depending on the key code.
Good decision. I was a stupid git who got a new top half of key (inc blank blade) sent to me in the post, then had to find somewhere to get it cut. Timpsons said the blade was not very good quality, had a go but then told me he couldn't get the machine to hold the blade securely, so he gave up. I asked him can he supply a blade, to which he said no, he can only get blades for the non-remote keys. What a waste of my time.

Found someone else who did cut it but again said the blade wasn't very good quality. All in all Chris you've done the right thing.

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Hi, was wondering how do i uncode a key from the car?

Mate thought it'd be a good idea to test coding mine to his! Now my key will lock/unlock his car haha

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
With VCDS, you just set the (address 46 central conv.) channel 01 to a value of 0 (should be 1 or 2 depending how many remotes you have matched) and save which should delete the matched keys.

There is a sequence method, as once upon a time by accident all the remotes matched to the 'rents A6 got deleted... as I say it was purely a fluke though and if you asked me to do it again I'd be rather clueless! :(

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Surely it can't be programmed to 2 cars? If you try to program it to your car, it may not function with your mates Leon?

It is! Can lock and unlock both cars at same time if they're parked close!

With VCDS, you just set the (address 46 central conv.) channel 01 to a value of 0 (should be 1 or 2 depending how many remotes you have matched) and save which should delete the matched keys.

There is a sequence method, as once upon a time by accident all the remotes matched to the 'rents A6 got deleted... as I say it was purely a fluke though and if you asked me to do it again I'd be rather clueless! :(

Thanks , i will try but last time i tried to add the comfort rear wiper it wouldn't let me change any settings?

I searched but couldn't find a sequence either :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise