flip key info thread

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
yes he is & yes it's possible. The 7M3 959 753 & 7M3 959 753F are flip remotes. These work with

1999-2000 Alhambra
2000-2009 Alhambra
1998-2001 Cordoba
1998-2002 Ibiza

Last edited:

Eric87

Jul 22, 2012
Suffolk/Cambridge/Essex borders
Just purchased a brand new 1J0 959 753 CT for my 2006 ibiza.

Without reading through all 90+ pages, am i right in saying I can easily transfer my transponder from my spare (non flip and non remote) key into the flip key?

programming the central locking is a doddle right?

Thanks

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
yes you can. Depending on which manufacturer has made the key head you may be able to just pop you transponder into a lot inside the key head without having to take it apart.

If you have the key split it into it's 2 halves ignore the remote half & look at the part of the key head where the remote slots onto. If you can see the new transponder sat in a slot in the key head then just whip it out & put yours in.

If you can see it then you need to open the key head up. Under the Seat badge there's a little screw. Undo that then pry open the key head. Be careful as the spring for the blade can shoot off.

If you've bought it from ebay then chances are there's be an easy access slot for the transponder

As for the remote, yes it's quite straight forward top do yourself with 2 keys. However i never do the manual procedure as it's not 100% successful. Usually i'm programming a full new key so once i've programmed the new transponder I just program the remote straight after with either VCDS or my key programmer depending which i'm using

Eric87

Jul 22, 2012
Looks fairly easy to do program the central locking. Just worried about the transponder being stuck in place as my spare is the same as the one in the video. I can program the remote without cutting the key first I believe as he locked the car with the old transponderless spare key.

one of the comments is to use nail polish remover to soften the glue, is this the best way?

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
as long as you have 2 cut blades that work in your locks it doesn't matter if they old or new.

As for removing the transponder from the non remote key. Generally people that are making themselves a flip key do it themselves so i never get asked to do it. I've only ever programmed full new keys/remotes so there's never any need for me to take their original key apart to do a new key

The only time i've ever removed a transponder from a non remote was when a mate of mine left her key next to a big speaker in her living room & it buggered the transponder up. Car wouldn't start & the key wouldn't reprogram. So as I wasn't able to do anything with it I just forced it out with a screw driver as it was glued in which ended up breaking it

Didn't matter if I broke it or not as it was faulty anyway & was fitting a new 1.

Eric87

Jul 22, 2012
Are HAA blades necessarily any better than any non marked blade? As I received my key today. But on the listing it says HAA blade, but this doesn't have any markings on it unlike my genuine SEAT keys which have.

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
no, not necessarily any better. The quality is in the metal itself not if it has HAA stamped on it or not.

I've had some with HAA on them & when i've gone to cut them my cutting blade makes an awful screeching noise & sometimes breaks! which costs me £20 to replace.

I will start to cut a customers own supplied blade but if it starts to make my machine make unhappy noises then i stop & tell them i won't cut it any further unless they're gonna replace my cutter if it snaps, or i can just supply them with a blade, which if it's just a flip blade i give it them for free

Eric87

Jul 22, 2012
Oh ok, I was lead to believe it was a better quality or something. anyhow just had it cut for £8, first place I went to done it. happy days.

now for central locking programming and try get the transponder out of my old spare.

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
yes mate all keys need to be present for programming as they all need to be done again with new key. Any keys not present when programming will be deleted from the immob

Eric87

Jul 22, 2012
Yes I get you now. I'm beginning to think its probably easier and less hassle to get my new flip key programmed instead of trying to take the chip out of my non remote spare. I will of course have a look, if its not stuck in then bonus.

I've phoned around a few places, cheapest being £40 to code. Some places are telling me my car needs to have a pre coded key from the stealers. Some are saying it should be find providing the transponder is correct and brand new.

Can you advise me If my car needs this 'pre coded key' from my VIN number? one of them was saying if the 10th digit in the VIN is 8 or above then it needs this type of key. Mine is a 7.

I don't want to make a wasted trip either ha

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
a 2006 Ibiza will 100% not need a pre-coded transponder. Yours uses a T6 id48 chip. The Ibiza wasn't pre-coded until they started using TP22 id48 CANBUS chips.

I've come across various VAG that have had 7 has 10th VIN digit which has needed pre-coding & cars with 8 as 10th digit that haven't needed pre-coding. It's no big deal if a transponder needs pre-coding. There's a few different bits of kit available for pre-coding & i have 2 of them.

Basically my equipment reads the CS (component security) data for pre-coding from the car. My equipment then programs the CS into the transponder. Which I then program to the car with the SKC

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
where do you live? I do get about a fair bit. Got some key/remote programming group buys taking place sometime next month organized through Audi TT forum.

Got 1 in Birmingham & another somewhere further South. Below London somewhere. Not got specifics sorted yet

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.