Flip Key Testin and Myths

loopydoo2002

Apr 29, 2007
God dam, that is one - in, out and shake it all about thread. Then there is no real hard conclusion.

I take it you just need a sharan/alhambra/galaxy siemens key fob (which seem impossible to source in flip key form, any ideas on where to get one) but any how, one of these.

Then a blank cutting to match the original.

Then do the magic fiddle with the key to programme it to open and lock the car. (does this do the full business as in operating the alarm etc...?)

But then this is where i get lost, it wont start the car as the immobiliser is not programmed so can only the dealer do this? How much does it cost?

What is this skc all about, are the dealers gonna get pissy about getting it for you?

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
well im very interested in one, in fact i want one for my car as my origional key is worn, has anyone done this yes, has anyone got the number for the alhambra flip key, id like to get this done asap if possible

jerry666

So despite all the posts it seems no-one has successfully added a key to their Mk3 Ibiza?

My daughter has a Mk3 Ibiza and I would very much like to get her a key without paying the £100 charged by the stealers, that's for a so called valet key not a remote.

It seems keys may be available on Ebay (might need to have the seimans transponder chip)
For some reason the transponder should be new and not previously coded to a car.
I am sceptical about this point as I suspect the car doesn't have the ability to alter anything on a transponder chip?
Get the key somewhere (maybe Timpsons for £8ish unless you live near Litchfield)
If you have or can get the SKC IMMO3 code you might be able to use VAG-COM to add the key to your car's immobiliser.
If not your dealer will do it for you for about £45.
(In which case you may as well get it from the dealer in the first place)

I would love to hear from someone who has made it without the dealers help?