**Floppy aero wiper blades**

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
*Stop* right now

before you go buying the new floppy aero style wiper blades off the newer models and blowing cash on the matching arms to fit them - yes the frame less ones that look like a squeegee

i have on good authourity that a certain manufacturer has currently added them to their latest model range and as they have a substantial after market division the word is that they are about to release a full size range of the wipers with std current style fittings/adapters

no price/fitting info as yet but pending asap

watch this space

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
ye me 2 - especially as it will solve a few £££ going to waste and open up mods to al cars

for those that are unsure what they are

MKIV-Aero-Wipers.gif

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
still awaiting details as dealer is unaware of them available as usual

nowt new there then

have since been made aware that VALEO have recebtly released the same specs so looks like they are sourced from them anyway - hunting down a dealer/supplier as we speak

Valeo Press release said:
For the aftermarket, the Flat Blade will first be offered in a range of 44 part numbers that will not only fit the production cars that came with them as original equipment, but also most late-model Citroens, Fords, Opels, Peugeots, Renaults and Volvos originally fitted with a conventional arm. The Flat Blade wiper is quickly and easily installed with a user-friendly lock/unlock mechanism.

you'll notice the mention of several manufacturers above and these are also the same ones that have released teh range as part of their own aftermarket systems - can anyone say CONTRACTED SALES :roflmao:

Full read here

an old release - but just about hit UK at last :thumbup:

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
trying to find a dealer from our suppliers list that actually knows the full range and sizes/prices

i got a mk2 that will have em ASAP and soon as i get the info i can post up sizes/part numbers for each car as needed

rayko

... deceptively slow
Oct 27, 2001
West Sussex, UK
Visit site
I know that the local Halfords stock Bosch versions of the floppy wipers.

Not sure which models they fit as I was in a rush and spotted them on the way out.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
rayko said:
I know that the local Halfords stock Bosch versions of the floppy wipers.

Not sure which models they fit as I was in a rush and spotted them on the way out.

i now know Renault list them with universal fittings - got sizes list here but stock will back order

Valeo and Bosch seem to as well

i'll get stuck in and list some sizes per car and get some part numbers listed

any other info you can get - gimme a shout - all helps

Super Cupra

Valeo don't have current plans for a Leon aftermarket Flatblade "XTrem" branded, but I know they have plans for VW/Audi. Maybe a slight mod can get them onto a Leon and Ibiza as the Standard blade is common thoughout the VW group cars (Valeo VM107 Drivers and VM23 Passenger).

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
well i dunno about "Xtrem" but the Flat blade " ultimate " is available now with universal aftermarket fittings from valeo

my main problem is finding a supplier with a decent stock

bin4x2.jpg

rayko

... deceptively slow
Oct 27, 2001
West Sussex, UK
Visit site
Fl@pper said:
any other info you can get - gimme a shout - all helps

Popped in today for you.

Bosch Aerotwin
Model code: 928S (says Volkswagen on the packaging)

£18.99 for a pair, IIRC you get 21" and 19"

Pics of the packaging below (K700i quality) :)

This thread may self-destruct in 10 seconds.

P.S. Found this.. http://www.boschautoparts.co.uk/pcWipe5.asp?c=2&d=1

Last edited: