Floppy style wipers

Timmbo71

Quit your jibber jabber!!
Sep 27, 2006
Leatherhead
Hello ibiza people.. hope some 1 can inlighten me. mk4 cupra 54plate.. im after a set of front wiper blades, but have seen on the lastest models 07 plates they have them floppy style. i asked my dealer if they would fit the 54plate but he said you would have to change arms (obviously) and that the linkages are different, so wouldnt go on.... is this true? or can they go on with out any changes to linkages like the mk1 LCR. thanks people.

Last edited:

bellamy06

Jun 23, 2007
some websites sell just the blades but with a normal wiper fitment.
so you could just but the blades and attatch them like you would a conventional one
they call the aero blades i think
bosch make them along with quite a few other big names

tom

Timmbo71

Sep 27, 2006
Leatherhead
ive seen a few of those and i prefure the proper jobbys thats why id like to find out if the later arms can be fitted along with new style blades. does any1 no if the later type arms will fit straight on?? or as the dearler said i need to change the linkages aswell.

bellamy06

Jun 23, 2007
i know people that use other model cars to put them straight onto their cars
for example a mate of mine has a corrado g60 and used wipers and arms off a new shape polo.....its just a matter of finding the car that u can use!

tom

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
the arms are different yes i know some1 on here used renualt ones but i dont know any more than that if anybody is intrested i have a set of retro ones in there box as i have the real aero's now... :D (07 plate sport)

Timmbo71

Sep 27, 2006
Leatherhead
yeah they do!! its just for my girlfriends car. guess thats something will have to think about for a bit longer. cheers any way dude. :D

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
iv fitted some after market bosh ones, doesnt replace the arms just the blades work a lot better I must admit and look very cool. The rear aero wiper you can get off vagparts

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
They are very easy to fit specially if the wiper has been put on loose rather than tight or it might take a bit to get off just dont give up lol it has to be a straight pull off as the connectors have slits which it sits in.. you will see, i have not had to do any mods to mine on both of my cars and i dont really know why other people have had probs with theres tbh

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise