Flywheel and clutch on ebay for £179. Shell I go for it?

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
Thats what Ive found on ebay :
''Audi A3 TT Seat Cardoba Ibiza Leon Toledo Octavia VW Bora Golf Beetle Passat Polo Vento 1.4 TDi, 1.8 T, 1.8 GTi, 1.9 TDi, 96- Flywheel, Clutch, Bearing
# New OE Solid Flywheel, Clutch Kit (plate & cover), Bearing
# This is a SOLID flywheel conversion for a Dual Mass Flywheel car
# No more Dual Mass Flywheel problems
# OE specification 4 piece unit
# Brand New
# 12 month Guarantee
# Price inluding VAT ''

Im quite confused with ''This is a SOLID flywheel conversion for a Dual Mass Flywheel car''
Would it fit ibiza 1.9tdi sport 2003???

Should I trust the quality? Is that a bargain???
Thanks

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Thats what Ive found on ebay :
''Audi A3 TT Seat Cardoba Ibiza Leon Toledo Octavia VW Bora Golf Beetle Passat Polo Vento 1.4 TDi, 1.8 T, 1.8 GTi, 1.9 TDi, 96- Flywheel, Clutch, Bearing
# New OE Solid Flywheel, Clutch Kit (plate & cover), Bearing
# This is a SOLID flywheel conversion for a Dual Mass Flywheel car
# No more Dual Mass Flywheel problems
# OE specification 4 piece unit
# Brand New
# 12 month Guarantee
# Price inluding VAT ''

Im quite confused with ''This is a SOLID flywheel conversion for a Dual Mass Flywheel car''
Would it fit ibiza 1.9tdi sport 2003???

Should I trust the quality or that is bargain???
Thanks

Not sure if it will fit your car but the CONVERSION kit is quite common from dual mass to solid flywheel.
You would probably have to swap the starter toothed ring across between the flywheels.
Mabe someone with EKTA can tell you if the flywheel on yours is the same as the ones listed

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
Not sure if it will fit your car but the CONVERSION kit is quite common from dual mass to solid flywheel.
You would probably have to swap the starter toothed ring across between the flywheels.
Mabe someone with EKTA can tell you if the flywheel on yours is the same as the ones listed
EKTA???
Its says that if fits ibizas tho...:blink:
Hmmm

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
electronic VW parts catalogue - alows you to see which parts are common between models.

As the seller if it will fit your car - keep the written reply - it it don't fit you can use the reply for a refund

Ok. JUst contacted the seller:) thanks

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
Seriously check out how bad the smf sounds on the 1.9tdi.
I could do with one because of the torque im putting out but im just going to get a new dmf so that it sounds quiet when driving. smf sould aweful.

is there any other reason your looking for a new clutch?
remapped?

if your not putting down a silly amount of torque perhaps a clutch from CG Motorsport is a good idea?
seem a more reputable place rather than an ebay seller. considering that its a big job replacing the clutch 4hours labour as its a box out job

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
I could do with one because of the torque im putting out but im just going to get a new dmf so that it sounds quiet when driving. smf sould aweful.

remapped?

if your not putting down a silly amount of torque perhaps a clutch from CG Motorsport is a good idea?
seem a more reputable place rather than an ebay seller. considering that its a big job replacing the clutch 4hours labour as its a box out job

i might have to replace flywheel cos my car shaking sometimes like an old man, so ibe been told is a bad flywheel. Funny tho, one mechanic said that i can drive with it forever, another - that i less than 5000 miles left on it. So i do no. It shakes sometimes only. Any ideas?

Also is that a really bad sound? Cos buying of ebay i got to pay 270 pounds with labor, but from anywhere else is more the 400......

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
i'd recommend against the smf, it might be more expensive but with the smf on a tdi it sounds like its trying to scrape its way out of the bell housing, not nice if you want to be driving every day. on a petrol its not half as bad.

just had a look on eurocarparts and your looking at about 350 for a sash (oem spec) clutch and flywheel kit. not bad when the flywheel its self is 250.

i think it comes back to the 'buy cheap..buy twice' i wouldnt trust anyone apart from a well known company when fitting is around 200 just incase it all goes tits up

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010

remapped?

i might have to replace flywheel cos my car shaking sometimes like an old man, so ibe been told is a bad flywheel. Funny tho, one mechanic said that i can drive with it forever, another - that i less than 5000 miles left on it. So i do no. It shakes sometimes only. Any ideas?

Also is that a really bad sound? Cos buying of ebay i got to pay 270 pounds with labor, but from anywhere else is more the 400......

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
i'd recommend against the smf, it might be more expensive but with the smf on a tdi it sounds like its trying to scrape its way out of the bell housing, not nice if you want to be driving every day. on a petrol its not half as bad.

just had a look on eurocarparts and your looking at about 350 for a sash (oem spec) clutch and flywheel kit. not bad when the flywheel its self is 250.

i think it comes back to the 'buy cheap..buy twice' i wouldnt trust anyone apart from a well known company when fitting is around 200 just incase it all goes tits up

i agree. But do i have to change it now? And where from can i get these parts cheaper with a good quality? Thanks

knackerdecobre

It only makes a noticeable noise on tick over in neutral, just dip the clutch and your fine :)

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
It only makes a noticeable noise on tick over in neutral, just dip the clutch and your fine :)

so is not that bad, is it? I dono wether ill change it or not, cos if ill buy the cost of the car will be higher that the price of sale. So thinkig to sell that:( how much u recon could cost 2003 1.9 tdi sport with 91000 on clock? So far ive spent on it 2900 pounds.

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
but as soon as someone jumps in they will know the fly needs sorting so could probs bargin like 400 off the price.

google it and you'll find a vid.

knackerdecobre

That video sounds loads worse than they actually are. Remember it only makes that noise when sat on tickover, how often do you have your car sat on tickover without you in it?

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Even so mine sounds like a tractor at the best of times i really dont want to make the diesel clatter sound any louder :(

Another year and a bit of warrentee and i am going to mod my electric throttle pedal to increase the tickover :whistle:

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
cannot open the boot from central key, only manually. What do to? Also p/s door lock

hmm

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.