FMIC fitted today

murray-cupra

Feb 23, 2011
Aberdeen
manged to get my ebay front mount fitted today after a 9 hour argument with my radiator and bumper. was a b*****d to get it done but finally finished :)

took it for a gentle spin and everything seemed fine, gave it some death and still everything is all good so at least everything is fitted nice and tight.

just wondering if i should have expected to notice any difference in performance at all? as i couldnt really tell. possibly a little less lag when i'm really driving hard :p or is the cooler more designed to compliment the other mods after a remap?

murray

murray-cupra

Feb 23, 2011
Aberdeen
hhmmm there was possibly a tiny bit more pull to it but definitely less lag i think. na i couldn't get any pics cuz it was dark and pissing it down when i'd finished lol il get some up tomorrow though. looks good with the red hoses on the black car. got some minor tweaking to do to the positioning tomorrow too

bencupramk3

Very nice mate I'm thinking red on mine lookin forward to sein pics does that kit come with everything ?

murray-cupra

Feb 23, 2011
Aberdeen
ye the kit comes with everything. i bought the one off ebay with the uprated clamps and pipes just so i wouldnt have any blowing off unexpectedly. it comes with some threaded rod (M8) that you use to secure it in place. quite pleased so far :)

bencupramk3

Awesome so well worth it did u order the clamps on payment ? Or from else were ? Can't wait to see the pics

murray-cupra

Feb 23, 2011
Aberdeen
well it looks good and il have to wait to get it mapped to see the real gains. ye the folk on ebay i bought it from have a normal kit for £200 and a kit for £260 with the stronger pipes and clamps so i just picked the second one

murray-cupra

Feb 23, 2011
Aberdeen
im hosting the pics on imageshack then pressing the little "insert image" button at the top then inserting the pic's URL. hhmmm... what am i doing wrong? lol

gavbey

THE SPARKIE
Oct 7, 2009
Perth / Lerwick
haha...

ok for future refrance buddy try this.
while on image shack looking at the photo you want to put on..... too the RIGHT there is catigories. the first one says links to share this image. click on that and there should be 2 options ( link and direct link ) basicaly copy the direct link and where it says ad picture etc like you did before insert the direct link into it and the picture should apear :)

looks nice tho. but i think you might have youre intercooler upside down?

here is a picture of mine.... inlet and outlet at the bottom as hot air rises?

IMG_0382.jpg

Last edited:

murray-cupra

Feb 23, 2011
Aberdeen
ah ok thanks mate. i'm pretty shocking when it comes to using computers :D

well i mounted it that way so i wouldn't have to cut too much of the bumber out. also heard that if its mounted the way you have it, the pipe fouls on the fog light holder?
maybe not but thats what i thought when i read on a guide a while back.

still had to trim down the bumper a wee bit but you cant notice it :)

gavbey

THE SPARKIE
Oct 7, 2009
Perth / Lerwick
ah ok thanks mate. i'm pretty shocking when it comes to using computers :D

well i mounted it that way so i wouldn't have to cut too much of the bumber out. also heard that if its mounted the way you have it, the pipe fouls on the fog light holder?
maybe not but thats what i thought when i read on a guide a while back.

still had to trim down the bumper a wee bit but you cant notice it :)

yeah i think you are dead right there, i got mine like this. the bumper is a mess. im geting my new intercooler this month 550x232x67 well thats the core so will be a tight fit.

how did you find moving your rad back?

cheers

murray-cupra

Feb 23, 2011
Aberdeen
ye i took the easy route! i didnt actually have to move the rad? managed to fit it between the bumper and the radiator. only had to modify a little bit of the bumper and got rid of the honeycomb mesh.

is it just my car or are all radiators in mk3 cupra's fitted slightly squint?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.