Fmic or exhaust

davidmills2002

Jul 14, 2008
Buntingford, Hertfordshire
currently i'm at stage 1 with just a remap, clutch and pd160 intake. Looking to go slowly to stage 2 as money permits. In a month or so i'll be getting some one that will allow me to either get the front mount or exhaust.

Will get the seat sport fmic or milltek decat and cat back system. Both will cost around £500. What should i go for?

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
for stage 2 you will need turbo-back exhaust...not just cat-back

i have the milltek turbo-back decat system...sounds well good...got few videos on my thread

I would be inclined to get the FMIC...you will need the Seat Sport FMIC..get it from Sere Motors on here...for just over 200 notes...then u need the forge pipework..another 200 i reckon..

can always get a custom exhaust...which could be a straight pipe from turbo back to the tip...this would be cheaper than a milltek system..but not as good quality

davidmills2002

Jul 14, 2008

i have the milltek turbo-back decat system...sounds well good...got few videos on my thread

I would be inclined to get the FMIC...you will need the Seat Sport FMIC..get it from Sere Motors on here...for just over 200 notes...then u need the forge pipework..another 200 i reckon..

can always get a custom exhaust...which could be a straight pipe from turbo back to the tip...this would be cheaper than a milltek system..but not as good quality
Yeah would be turbo back if i didn't make it clear in original post. Would get milltek as know they're good quality. Did you get resonated or non resonated. I'm thinkin resonated as it's quieter and don't want it to shout everywhere i go. Also what's your smoke like now your decat?

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales

If you have any custom exhaust fabricators near you go for a custom turbo downpipe, Decatted and stainless all the way to the back.

It'll be cheaper than the miltek catback plus you get a turbo downpipe!
Also I don't agree the quality wont be as good, I'll stack Charlies exhaust performance to any major exhaust brand!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Yeah would be turbo back if i didn't make it clear in original post. Would get milltek as know they're good quality. Did you get resonated or non resonated. I'm thinkin resonated as it's quieter and don't want it to shout everywhere i go. Also what's your smoke like now your decat?

I got non-res...dervs aren't loud anyway so i dont find it droney or noising when im in the car, and its not "look at me" loud on the outside either..

doesnt smoke that much...only when i give it a good boot does it smoke

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
If you have any custom exhaust fabricators near you go for a custom turbo downpipe, Decatted and stainless all the way to the back.

It'll be cheaper than the miltek catback plus you get a turbo downpipe!
Also I don't agree the quality wont be as good, I'll stack Charlies exhaust performance to any major exhaust brand!

yeah as i said would be pointless to get just a cat-back if he wanted to go to stage 2...might as well get full turbo-back system.

Milltek are well know for their quality, doesnt mean other custom jobs wont be good quality. Just have heard examples of custom exhausts not lasting etc..so i would always be inclined to go with a recognised brand.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
yeah as i said would be pointless to get just a cat-back if he wanted to go to stage 2...might as well get full turbo-back system.

Milltek are well know for their quality, doesnt mean other custom jobs wont be good quality. Just have heard examples of custom exhausts not lasting etc..so i would always be inclined to go with a recognised brand.

Agreed, Best not go for Power-flow!
I know Charlie @ Pro-speed, his stuff is very cheap indeed and people come from all over the country to have theirs done at his garage, His garage is about 30m from my house and the cars you see going in there are phenomenal!

Porsche's, VXR's, Skylines.
I love living here sometimes!

May 22, 2009
South Wales

Hey mate! wat pages are your videos of you exhaust up on your thread? cheers

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
You won't notice much difference putting on the FMIC, but it is a prerequisite for stage 2. If you are not fussed about seeing benefits now, get that, otherwise get the exhaust.

davidmills2002

Jul 14, 2008
Will there be much difference from the exhaust with stage 1 map apart from quicker turbo spool up? I'm thinking I may go for the FMIC now as it's a bit cheaper and can easily fit myself, then will look at exhaust at start of summer hopefully.

Apr 27, 2008
iv got a custom turbo back exhaust like CJRamze, i got mine from rebal powerpipes in barton, just down the road from me in scunthorpe. it was £283 and i can't fault it one bit, the service was top notch and you get a free lifetimes warranty :D

heres a quick video