FMIC Results

KWEV

May 23, 2004
Hi guys ,

Hope you've all had a good un so far !! :clown: - back to question , For

those of you that have fitted a Forge FMIC to a Tdi 130 , does it affect the

driveability of the car , i was wondering if the turbo spool up is a little slower , due
to the extra pipework ?? :confused: Does it feel better with FMIC & revo'd ??

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
dunno bout remapped cars , but it drives as normal, and has better economy , u really can feel the car want to rev as well , it holds onto itss power much longer and harder

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Seeing as it was developed on my car I guess I'd best answer that. When it was installed there did appear to be a fraction more lag compared to the old SMIC, but it's barely noticable especially with the cupra intake and a green panel filter installed.

What I did notice though is that even in August when it was installed it felt a lot more eager to rev and as Stoney says it holds the power for longer. Now with the cold weather it positively flies and it's definately worth the money.

Check out the graphs from the Forge website for intake temps on a Revo'd car. http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/upload/images/130 graph420.jpg

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
just looked at that graph , they must not of been trying , on a standard 130 that was logged at a local meet we saw 86.4 C on a SMIC see below

and on mine (forge FMIC) see blue line

as u can see thats a massive temp drop so its doin something right

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
nope there was a mix up there b4 , but that log was taken from a list of runs , car never stopped , just driven more slowly between runs , have the list of numbers if u wanna see em , think it was 4th we were using on the runs

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I logged my intake temps in the summer, and could hit 90degC after a 15-20 sec full bore hillclimb...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.