Fog Light Bulb Changing

AN06DRW

Now You SEAT Now You Dont
Sep 19, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
I have just upgraded my headlight bulbs and the fog lights now look very yellow compared to the headlights can anyone give me a step by step guid on how to get into the bulbs on a Mk2 stylance as it seems impossible and the book jus tell's you to contact the dealer but surely its not that hard. Cheers

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
The lamps are removed from behind.

I have the instructions for removing the bumper, but haven't got around to doing it yet. Hopefully it can be done by just removing the wheel arch liners.

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
You do realise that they are yellowy on purpose, so they cut through the fog better and stop you crashing. Unless you're going to drive round with them on all the time so people can see them?

AN06DRW

Sep 19, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
not all the time but i work nights and when i have to drive at night i like to have them on around the back road etc so not really bothered bout making sure they cut through fog to be honest

Trapper

Jul 1, 2005
West Sussex
Hi All

I have already replaced my Fog light bulbs. If you look carefully at the grill that surrounds the fog light unit you will find a screw in the bottom inbourd (nearest the centre grill) part of it. If you remove this screw pop the grill out you can then remove the entire fog light unit & get to the bulb at the rear. Not a long job at all.

Hope that helps. :cheers:

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
Hi All

I have already replaced my Fog light bulbs. If you look carefully at the grill that surrounds the fog light unit you will find a screw in the bottom inbourd (nearest the centre grill) part of it. If you remove this screw pop the grill out you can then remove the entire fog light unit & get to the bulb at the rear. Not a long job at all.

Hope that helps. :cheers:

Nice one trapper, I thought that screw was just an adjuster.

AN06DRW

Sep 19, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
i noticed the screw first time round and removed it but i couldn't get the grill out is there a technique?? lol don't wana end up breaking the grill or even worse the fog light haha

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
not all the time but i work nights and when i have to drive at night i like to have them on around the back road etc so not really bothered bout making sure they cut through fog to be honest

Well you sir are a tit. They are not driving lamps they are fog lights for when it is foggy. If you are relying on your fog lights when driving you are not looking far enough ahead and are a danger.

If you want more light for when you are driving you should invest in driving lamps or HID bulbs

AN06DRW

Sep 19, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Well you sir are a tit. They are not driving lamps they are fog lights for when it is foggy. If you are relying on your fog lights when driving you are not looking far enough ahead and are a danger.

If you want more light for when you are driving you should invest in driving lamps or HID bulbs

O for **** sake i like a bit of extra light when am driving at 3 in the morning wtf is wrong with that dnt care if yellowish lights are better for fog hw often do we really get fog and i look far enough ahead dn't worry so i feel you are the afore said tit for taking everything as it is written get a life

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
Hi Yello

I tried out the screw in the corner today.

Remove the screw, and just pull on that bottom corner, it's tight but does come out, and as long as you only pull at the bottom corner nothing will break.

Shoud have taken pictures really:rolleyes:

AN06DRW

Sep 19, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Thanks for that mate i shall give it a go tomorrow so did you get new bulbs in your's?? or are you just testing the theory haha what bulbs are you using?

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
Just testing the theory atm. My drivers side fog light is smashed so I need to change it, when I do I'll change the bulbs.

Anyone know what size they are? presumably H1.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members