Fog light ducting for intake

Poverty

I need some high quality ducting, as I will be removing one of my fog lights, and using it to fee extra cool air to my ITG! Does anyone know where or any links that they sell high quality and durable ducting? Cheers.

Pov, hate to suggest them but Halfrauds have the pipercoss ducting with the anodized end piece/ funnel.
£25 I've used them in the past and do the job.

I'm running a cold air feed on mine, but not removed the fog light. I've opted to run it past it to the left hand side and then got it feeding air from the centre grill. Fog light would be more effective due to the concave nature and I have a feeling the pipercross kit might be a perfect fit...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=lwqalq&istBid=t

Poverty

Pov, hate to suggest them but Halfrauds have the pipercoss ducting with the anodized end piece/ funnel.
£25 I've used them in the past and do the job.

I'm running a cold air feed on mine, but not removed the fog light. I've opted to run it past it to the left hand side and then got it feeding air from the centre grill. Fog light would be more effective due to the concave nature and I have a feeling the pipercross kit might be a perfect fit...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=lwqalq&istBid=t

that could work very well

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Just wondering what your planning on doing about removing the fog light. It will throw up a bulb out error will it not?

Or have you got that planned already :p Let me know if you do as im interesed about it!

Poverty

Just wondering what your planning on doing about removing the fog light. It will throw up a bulb out error will it not?

Or have you got that planned already :p Let me know if you do as im interesed about it!

Gonna ask danGB nicely to turn them off with vag com. ;)

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Ah hah. Are you disableing the fogs or the bulb out feature?

I had a quick look at LED bulbs for fog lights. Basically, an extra set of side lights because i never use my fogs. Didnt want to come up against bulb out errors. Then again the whole idea could be a bit chavtastic...

Cheers, and good luck with the air feed!

This crossed my mind when I got a stone through my fog light but now i've gone and glued mesh to the grill bit over the fog lamp hole. Intrested to see how it looks. Wouldn't mind the red of the pipercross end piece to add a bit of colour to the front.

Ah hah. Are you disableing the fogs or the bulb out feature?

I had a quick look at LED bulbs for fog lights. Basically, an extra set of side lights because i never use my fogs. Didnt want to come up against bulb out errors. Then again the whole idea could be a bit chavtastic...

Cheers, and good luck with the air feed!

is this the H3 led bulbs? Is there any on the market with enough leds to stop the bulb error? can't be bothered with the resistor route again. I'm getting lazy.

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
is this the H3 led bulbs? Is there any on the market with enough leds to stop the bulb error? can't be bothered with the resistor route again. I'm getting lazy.

Yeah seen them on eBay, a couple MK1 owners have them on here.
They look alright, but im the same as you, i did the 'resistor' thing to on my sidelights.

The other option is to disable the fogs (if possible) and just run two cables down into the fog housing so that they come on with the sidelights?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members