Foglight cracked

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
The glass on the o/s foglight has cracked so need to replace it.Do I have to buy a complete new unit, or can you just buy the glass to it?

gazjones

i think they come as a complete unit around 70 quid i think which is expensive when i fitted my foglamp kit to the 1.2 didnt notice that the lense was replacable it looked like a fully sealed unit.

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
spyke85 said:
The glass on the o/s foglight has cracked so need to replace it.
Just for information, you don't technically need to replace it. If all you're worried about is legality, then there's no issue: the front fogs are not "required" lights, so they can be cracked, broken or simply not working. My old Peugeot 106 went through 2 MOT tests with one of the front fogs completely broken (it actually had some bits of glass still attached to the reflector). It passed without problems.

Of course, if you want to replace it anyway then that's fair enough.

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
dmjw01 said:
Just for information, you don't technically need to replace it. If all you're worried about is legality, then there's no issue: the front fogs are not "required" lights, so they can be cracked, broken or simply not working. My old Peugeot 106 went through 2 MOT tests with one of the front fogs completely broken (it actually had some bits of glass still attached to the reflector). It passed without problems.

Of course, if you want to replace it anyway then that's fair enough.
Oh yes, I realise this. Its just me being a pain! Is full of water so looks a bit crappy.

andye1

Oct 15, 2005
You get the complete fog light.£70 at dealer is ridiculous,try Euro Car Parts,I think they do them for around £45.

andye1

Oct 15, 2005
I would think so.I've used ECP before for lots of parts and they have nearly alwys been genuine bits