For anyone thinking of fitting a boost gauge...

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
Right, i was inspired by this site to fit a boost gauge, I got a Nomad single gauge pillar and an autogauge smoked boost gauge. Total cost about £65

I followed Pabs guide which i found to be invaluable in fitting this. I would recomend running the vacuum hose through the bonnet release grommet, this seemed to work well for me after :censored: alot of attemps. I will say, this was not by any means an easy task.

I also found after fitting that the supplied hose stood no chance of survival if like me you choose to run over the turbo, before meeting the DV. After 5mins mine was looking very sorry for it'self. I therefore replaced it with fuel hose for the run inside the engine bay and then joined this back into the crap hose.

Piccys.....

n645330601_46167_2093.jpg

n645330601_46164_9693.jpg

OFF
n645330601_46165_9988.jpg

n645330601_46166_288.jpg

There is a joiner in here, it not "that" pony

n645330601_46163_9397.jpg

As you can see, it's not the best guage in the sunlight, i'm actually quite disapointed with it in the day, very good at night.

Just a few questions...... Has anyone else managed to get THIS gauge to dim? I found the dimming wire and connected it up, however it had little or no effect.
Also, what readings would you expect to get on a std LCR ? I'm seeing -30 at idle and a peak of around 11-12PSI under full load.

Cheers Rob/

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
Ive got the same brand boost gauge not quite eth same dials but the same "stealth" and during the day your right its pants but at night its amazing, looks good though :)

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
got mine coming to the saem ones.. only cost £33 for both.. rock on.. cant wait to fit them looking good by the way!!

connect your gauge to the dimmer switch that controls the dash lights!

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
Looks good. Iv bought a range of deffi gauges and a head up display, cost around £780. Looking forward to getting them in. especialy the head up display.

In need of fitting the boost gauge though, id like to see how its boosting, and if there are differences to the days when it feels slow, and when it feels quick.

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
threads like this inspire me to o have ago myself, just confirmed to me the way it goes and my assumptions were right.

cheers mate,looks cool :)

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
Thanks for all the replys, Have a crack none of it's that hard, it is a bitch to get the hose through, but it's something to do on a boring day off !! And i was a little worried about cutting into the engine of nearly new car, but hey, it seems to have worked !!

And no, sorry, I'm not going to spend another half day crawling around on cold pavement to fit anyone elses' !! :cartman:

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
And no, sorry, I'm not going to spend another half day crawling around on cold pavement to fit anyone elses' !! :cartman:

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo (how about for a beer? ;) )

I've got 2 weeks off work to dos around... some reason I am finishing off the Kitchen, and starting on the Bathroom...

I should be doing stuff like this!!!!

I need to sort out my priorites!

Koomorph

Oct 31, 2005
S London
I'm just in the process of egging myself to do this in a week or so..... got the bits.... question... did you actually go "through" the bonnet release grommet..... or a different grommet next to it..... (as mentioned on Pabs' site...) I can't seem to find any other grommets apart from the bonnet release cable one....

Raf

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
Yeah, you just have to force it through the same gromet that the release catch goes through....., it's a bit dry so a bit of lube helps matters :p

This is the easiest way, i was going to remove the scuttle panel, but i couldn't even get the damned wire arm off. :cry:

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
got mine coming to the saem ones.. only cost £33 for both.. rock on.. cant wait to fit them looking good by the way!!

connect your gauge to the dimmer switch that controls the dash lights!

£33 including the Apillar trim, where from?

Where do you splice the lighting wires, in the fuse box? or directl onto the dimmer wheel thing?

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
I used fuel line on mine as it was nice and cheap! Plus I knew it would hold up to the temps.
For best results/accuracy connect the end to the FPR
Also another top tip is to use an old metal coat hanger to locate the wire etc.

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
I used fuel line on mine as it was nice and cheap! Plus I knew it would hold up to the temps.
For best results/accuracy connect the end to the FPR
Also another top tip is to use an old metal coat hanger to locate the wire etc.

FPR???? please explain what it is and where

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members