For anyone thinking of fitting a boost gauge...

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Lads there is a far far cleaner and easier way of routing the piping through the bulkhead, clicky for the details ive since moved the location of where i actually tap into the vacuum but same principal.

Is that not the same place as where I ran mine then??? Admittedly your photos show it better than mine - i didnt remove the scuttle panel - just lifted it up :)

Last edited:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Is that not the same place as where I ran mine then??? Admittedly your photos show it better than mine - i didnt remove the scuttle panel - just lifted it up :)

:D dunno, want me to come over and look? you'd need to pick me up from the airport! haha

edit: i never used your guide mate, didnt even know about it at the time.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
lol - just checked my pictures on my guide.

Exactly the same place to route the hose as mine - except i went to the left of the main cable bit in the middle, and you went to the right :)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
lol so its different then?

well technically yes, but i fail to see how your RHS hole is any easier than the LHS hole..

one could argue that the LHS hole is easier to get to because:

a) it is closer to the side of the dash console, so easier to get to the hose you've threaded through

b) You don't need to remove the scuttle panel to get to it in the first place.

:bleh:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
I beg to differ, if youre going to bodge it, make it as akward as possible!!
seriously though, removing the fuse panel makes locating the hose a piece of piss, it actually drops in right behind it.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yep :)
I had a bit of trouble because i didnt realise the fuse box came out on its own.... but once i found it.... :D

Don't see the point in making a bodge difficult - otherwise i might as well just do it the RIGHT way :D

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
Just a few questions...... Has anyone else managed to get THIS gauge to dim? I found the dimming wire and connected it up, however it had little or no effect.
Also, what readings would you expect to get on a std LCR ? I'm seeing -30 at idle and a peak of around 11-12PSI under full load.

Cheers Rob/

Yep, do a search for autogauge boost gauge wiring or similar the correct wiring sequence is on here somewhere. I know cos i remember typing it myself a couple of times. I also did a how to route your pipe so it didn't melt post too. Or you could just use insulation tape apparently.

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Would it not just be easier to put a hole into the Blukhead specifically for the purpose?

Or did this not appeal to anyone?

Koomorph

Oct 31, 2005
S London
Hmmm... not keen on holes int he bulkhead....

One thing - I presume it's just the nylon hose that holds the vacuum/boost that needs to be put through to the other side and connected to the gauge.... no need to thread a "cosmetic" vacuum "covering hose" through to the gauge.... I can see that being a mission...

I was thinking of ditching the nylon hose totally and just using braided fuel line throughout... but guess I could get a different reading (bigger diameter), plus might have a few leaks...

Raf

Raf

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
Ah yeah, but if you use that route, you need to be able to lift up the scuttle panel, ie removed the near side windscreen wiper arm. This was not possible for me !!!

Also that routing is not possible in a LCR.. Everything is kinda different i think.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Seems theres a nack. Really wanted to get mine off so i could seal the box 100% so not more leaks (only drips a bit in very heavy rain) but it p155es me off to the max!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise