1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

For anyone thinking of fitting a boost gauge...

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by Wackojacko, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Scotty_b

Scotty_b Leon Cupra 300R

Thats where mine ran and i still had issues with water as it gets in under that box (seals on the box)

2. Pabs

Is that not the same place as where I ran mine then??? Admittedly your photos show it better than mine - i didnt remove the scuttle panel - just lifted it up :)

#22 Pabs, Jan 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  3. cordobabrendy

cordobabrendy FOOORRREEE!

:D dunno, want me to come over and look? you'd need to pick me up from the airport! haha

edit: i never used your guide mate, didnt even know about it at the time.

4. Pabs

lol - just checked my pictures on my guide.

Exactly the same place to route the hose as mine - except i went to the left of the main cable bit in the middle, and you went to the right :)

5. cordobabrendy

lol so its different then?

6. Pabs

well technically yes, but i fail to see how your RHS hole is any easier than the LHS hole..

one could argue that the LHS hole is easier to get to because:

a) it is closer to the side of the dash console, so easier to get to the hose you've threaded through

b) You don't need to remove the scuttle panel to get to it in the first place.

:bleh:

7. cordobabrendy

I beg to differ, if youre going to bodge it, make it as akward as possible!!
    seriously though, removing the fuse panel makes locating the hose a piece of piss, it actually drops in right behind it.

8. Pabs

yep :)
    I had a bit of trouble because i didnt realise the fuse box came out on its own.... but once i found it.... :D

Don't see the point in making a bodge difficult - otherwise i might as well just do it the RIGHT way :D

9. Scotty_b

Scotty_b Leon Cupra 300R

How did you get the bloody panel off! Mine never came off!

10. Pabs

I thought mine was stuck on - and even the garage had problems.
    Took it in for a new windscreen - the fitter removed it like it was just floating on the car!!!!

11. NeilC

NeilC Has left the fold...

Yep, do a search for autogauge boost gauge wiring or similar the correct wiring sequence is on here somewhere. I know cos i remember typing it myself a couple of times. I also did a how to route your pipe so it didn't melt post too. Or you could just use insulation tape apparently.

12. Dodson

Dodson Extreme Blue

Would it not just be easier to put a hole into the Blukhead specifically for the purpose?

Or did this not appeal to anyone?

13. Koomorph

Koomorph Full Member

Hmmm... not keen on holes int he bulkhead....

One thing - I presume it's just the nylon hose that holds the vacuum/boost that needs to be put through to the other side and connected to the gauge.... no need to thread a "cosmetic" vacuum "covering hose" through to the gauge.... I can see that being a mission...

I was thinking of ditching the nylon hose totally and just using braided fuel line throughout... but guess I could get a different reading (bigger diameter), plus might have a few leaks...

Raf

Raf

14. Wackojacko

Wackojacko Newbie

Ah yeah, but if you use that route, you need to be able to lift up the scuttle panel, ie removed the near side windscreen wiper arm. This was not possible for me !!!

Also that routing is not possible in a LCR.. Everything is kinda different i think.

15. Scotty_b

Scotty_b Leon Cupra 300R

Seems theres a nack. Really wanted to get mine off so i could seal the box 100% so not more leaks (only drips a bit in very heavy rain) but it p155es me off to the max!