For sale advert approval time

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
Although im 100% happy with the wealth of help & advice I get on the forum, I cannot ignore the length of time the mods take to approve the adverts! Last time my car was sold elsewhere a week before the advert went live on here. my last wanted advert for anLCR was so late I had already bought AND sold it before it went live; Im now waiting for 2 parts to go live & awanted part, 4 days on........... Nothing.

No other forum is so slow? Why?

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
The for sale section on this forum is a bit pap! Needs updating

Pictures should be mandatory and parts should also have hand written notes with user name and dates on, just like the mk5gtiforum and detailing world.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
You're lucky we have a For Sale section at all, until recently it was removed due to too many issues with scammers and frauds.

The main point is and always has been that the admins have jobs and lives outside of this forum, this forum is something that they take the time out of their busy lives to look after and maintain for our benefit, they don't get paid to do so and it's not operated as a business.

Could it be quicker? Yes. Are you paying anything for a service level? No.

I appreciate that it can be frustrating that you've taken the time to type up an advert, and I too would hope that it would get actioned in a timely manner, however I also appreciate that someone approving my for sale ad, out of the hundreds of others (not to mention the other things they have to do on a daily basis that are nothing to do with this forum) probably isn't at the top of someone's priority list.

If you really want to get an answer to your question I'm pretty sure that the admins direct email addresses/PM details are available on here so you can go straight to them with your concerns.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
maybe it needs it own dedicated admin member.( 4 days is a bit of a joke) . If admin don't have time for the forum maybe it's time for new admin

Other forums seem to have solved the issues these forsale sections pose

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Or maybe they decide it's not worth the hassle and close the forum down.

Sent from my G3 using Tuppytalk

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Or maybe they decide it's not worth the hassle and close the forum down.

[B)] seriously

Maybe we should try and help the moderators/admin with constructive ideas if there struggling to Give the forum the attention it needs , other members stepping up to help with up-keep Or looking at how other forums have evolved to make things run smoother

It's for every body's benefit

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
[B)] seriously

Maybe we should try and help the moderators/admin with constructive ideas if there struggling to Give the forum the attention it needs , other members stepping up to help with up-keep Or looking at how other forums have evolved to make things run smoother

It's for every body's benefit
Seriously.

There have been occasions where discussions started by the admins (around forum conduct mainly) have suggested that there could come a time, where if the site becomes too much of a burden they could well close the doors.

It's theirs to do as they see fit and if they wish they could just hit the nuke button.

Put the idea to the admins of getting moderators for the for sale section, it's a fair idea.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise