Forge 007p service,

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I recently acquired a second hand Forge 007p DV,
Before fitting I decided to do a pressure test on it as recommended by Forge, it showed that the DV was not holding full pressure very well and some times not holding at all, So after checking Forge's site I ordered there DV service kit
http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0006&product=FMDVSK
The kit contains 3 new seal's, a packet of grease and a new piston

FMDVSK.jpg

Now I'm sure exactly how old the DV is or if it has ever been serviced, but when I opened it up this was the state of the piston

Picture075.jpg

You can see in the picture the wear marks from where the piston moves up and down but if you rub your finger over it you can feel how much it is worn, which could cause boost leaks.

For the sake of £13 and about 30 Min's work it's well worth doing

Cupra-cal

Aug 30, 2008
Penicuik
sorry going off topic a wee bit but just wondered does the 007p actually improve anything ie. throttle response or is it just more robust than the original? cheers callum

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
im getting one for mine at the end of the month from JKM seems like a good idea to get one

what is this green spring yellow spring i keep hearing about with them?

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
The spring inside the valve that controlls the piston.

Green spring for standard car/stage 1 mapped car, yellow spring for stage 1/ stage 2 mapped cars.

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
right so when you order one should i go for a yellow spring? it will be standard for a bit though

i plan a remap and intercooler at some point not far off

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
i thought it was green spring standed and yellow for a remapped car i wouldent like to think there was a too stronger spring in the dv that will cause damage to the turbo

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
right i'll stick to green then until it needs changing? how much is the spring if you need it changed?