Forge Coldside Re-location kit Leon Cupra

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
This kit was released by forge as a further move to the original coldside relocation kit. The new kit included a replacement Intercooler-Throttle Body Hose with a spout to take the new d/v to the front of the engine behind the radiator. 1 metre length 25mm hosing. zip ties and all new jubilee clips needed.

A good bit of kit as always from the stars at forge

Items/Tools needed;

Forge Coldside Relocation Kit for 150/180 engines
extra 20cm or so of 25mm hosing to be on safe side
WD40 for removing old baked on hoses
Flat-headed screw driver
Phillips Screw driver
(socket set is handy but not essential)
Pair of wire cutters
Pair of pliers
Stanley Knife/Sharp Craft Knife

1.To start with remove your engine cover and manifold cover (around dipstick)as this will give you the maximum amount of clearance.

2. Remove the old charge pipe - dump valve hose and blank off the charge pipe with the blanking plug provided and around 5-10cm of 25mm hosing. secure with jubilee clips

3.Remove the dump valve from its original location in the TIP (turbo intake pipe)

4.Remove the original intercooler-throttle body hose, to do this i found taking the headlight cover from the back away to give a bit of extra room. Fitting the new hose can be a bit of a test and will no doubt need a bit of trimming with a sharp craft knife to the intercooler end. Re-fitting the new hose will take some prying but it will go. notoriously tight refitting to the throttle body, if you cant get the bottom lip on then run a screw driver round it will all on. secure with jubilee clips provided in kit

5.away from the car attach the side port of the d/v into around 7cm of 25mm and then into one of the plastic 90 degree joints provided. secure these connections with 2 jubilee clips.

6.put base port of dump valve into the new intercooler-throttle body hose with spout and attach with jubilee clip

7.use remaining plastic 90 degree joiner to go into the old d/v location in the TIP

8. Connect the two plastic 90 degree bends from steps 5/6 and 7 with the 1 meter of 25mm hose securing with jubilee clips

9.run a new length of vacuum hose (4 or 6 mm depending on which dv you have) from the d/v now at the front of the engine to the original location for it below the TIP.

Job took me about 2 hours being careful as cutting was needed to the intercooler-throttle body hose and a bit of trimming of bits of 25mm hosing for some other applications. Incl the heat and cig brakes

It should look a little something like this when finished

DSCF0023.jpg

Last edited:

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
sorry ment icr has front! or is it twin like the lcr? as i have seen mk3 ic with
ic pipe on right hand side ofengine (as your looking at the engine)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
lcr and ic manifolds are to i/c on same side
but neither have fmic as standard

lcr as 2x the same smic as the lc
duno about the ibiza im afraid

should be easily done for the IC, id speak to forge direct

Dante L2A2

May 24, 2012
west Yorkshire
RiKH nice looking bay. I see you have got the induction hose fitted. Did yours have a little bit of metal at the bottom of the hose (what goes to it) Fitting the rest is easy i dont know what that is for
Thanks Dom

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.