Forge dump valves

janners

Do you need to change standard plastic DVs for Forge DVs as a matter of course or do you wait for a problem!?

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
its totally up to you. you can wait for them to fail, they you will get engine problems or probley an engine light on.

or get 007P valve and your loving it .

danny20vt

going back to basics
You don't 'have' to change the plastic one but if it fails you'll get a boost leak and possibly an engine management light but a forge 007p will outlast many a Bosch dv.

If your remapping then I would say the forge is a definate

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
As said, if your getting the car mapped it is a worth while thing to do.

Either way for £79 the 007P is a great little addition.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Cupra-cal

Aug 30, 2008
Penicuik
As said, if your getting the car mapped it is a worth while thing to do.

Either way for £79 the 007P is a great little addition.

Damian @ DPM Performance

is that these ones?? Forge Motorsport FMDVSPLTR Splitter Recirculating / Blow Off Valve
,sorry its not a proper link but admin wont let me post links until i get 15 posts :-(

do u do a discount for seatcupra.net users??

Last edited:

andycupra

status subject to change
£79 is a very good price for the forge 007p diverter.
The split R is a more complex and pricey valve. Opinion on these is 'split' (excuse the pun) sounds like they are tricky to set up correctly, some love them some dont like them.

Basically the 007p is a straight replacement for the stock item, does its job well and is reliable. These items divert the air internally so the air is not 'lost' and is quieter.
The split R does not divert all of the air internally, it dumps or diverts some of the air externally and this is for people that want some noise.
(ECU expects air to be recirculated, so a valve that dumps all the air expternally is not recommended)

IMO get the 007p.

Most people get one before issues arrise. You can leave the stock item, however like most thing, when they fail there is potential for further costly damage as a result. (you dont really want anything breaking in the air inlet system..)

Last edited:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
i have both, the split r and the 007 and the split r keep cutting my turbo out, (fault code saying boost leak). i get no probs with the 007.
id say go for 007 if you dont want any probs, and if u want a bit more noise put a cone filter on your car :)

Cupra-cal

Aug 30, 2008
Penicuik
ah ha cool.sorry not to hot on all things engine related.cheers for the advice lads :).damian,i ll be ordering one soon!!

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
i know this is another stupid question but does the 007p still give the blow off noise or not?:redface:

you can run the 007 any way round and in reverse its give off a nice dumping noise, but a cone filter is a must if you want loud noise, also remove the lining under your bonnet lid make everything much louder. you can pm if you want any help

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
you can run the 007 any way round and in reverse its give off a nice dumping noise, but a cone filter is a must if you want loud noise, also remove the lining under your bonnet lid make everything much louder. you can pm if you want any help

is there any danger/problems with doing this mate? might give it a try

Cupra-cal

Aug 30, 2008
Penicuik

surely the filter just gives a louder grunt from the engine?