Forge Motorsport Ibiza 1.4 Twincharger induction kit

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
My spacer turned up yesterday, will try and fit it this weekend but working most of it so maybe not.

If i do il try get a vid up but cant promise anything ;)

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
It does come with a insturction manaul of how to do it
The tools you need are

T25,T30 torx screwdriver/driver bit
T25 torx key
5mm alan key
13mm socket and suitable ratchet
Pliers

I did have the help of my cus as he works at a VW gararge to do it :lol:

CupraDean

Brrrmmm Tttsssssss
Dec 11, 2009
Newbury
think your meant to put it on the 'for sales' section mate... also dave, how much better does it sound? and any pictures?

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
I think it sounds alot better IMO, a much louder tissss i only done a few miles so not really used to it yet. When the induction kit is sorted i think they will go really well togather.

Il try get some pics tomorro and a vid maybe :)

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Oh I want this and at the same time I dont because I know my garage will get upset. Think I will have to give it a miss. If it was easy to fit/remove it wouldn't be a problem but I just CBA with the hastle.

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
is it possible to get a deisel car sounding sporty?

I am getting my fr TDI soon and am a bit worried about it not sounding very sporty and i know there are a lot of things to make petrol cars sounds more sporty but do the same things apply to deisel cars?

I am not really too bothered if its not possible, i bought thte car for its mix of economical mpg with sportyness, so you cant always have everything :p

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
You can get a fake dump valve for diesels, I know awesome do one. Thing is anyone that knows anything about cars will probably laugh :)

You can get exhausts as well but im not really a fan of the deep tone they make. At least you can still hear the turbo. Just one of the draw backs of a diesel. Can't have it all :(

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
It is very noticable. Order the one on their website for the 1.4 TSi engine, check the Golf listing.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Any update on final revision and price? Hows the car sound with it on? Nice induction roar? Any extra turbo noise?

Last edited:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Nothing as yet, its awaiting final design from Forge.

Nice noise but not too loud as its an enclosed filter. Bit more thoaty if anything.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members