forge tip (metal nipple) sorted

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Currently fitting my forge tip and have been for 3 hours now

How do you put the metal line onto the metal nipple on the tip??

its impossible because the nipple is in a completely different place to the standard tip (typical of an aftermarket part)

any ideas??

Ive also had to fit this without moving the big metal pipe out of the way as the previous owner has toasted the allen head bolt!! reason its took so long

daves ibiza

i ripped all that crap metal pipes out and put new silicone on easy ;)

daves ibiza

lol good stuff mate. yeah them mtal pipes are useless. did you notice a diffrence having tip ;)

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Yer I noticed the power delivery seems smoother, adds a nice whistle too, sound awesome on full boost lol

I think my turbosmart sounds different now though, its gone high pitched and sounds rubbish lol

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
Yer I noticed the power delivery seems smoother, adds a nice whistle too, sound awesome on full boost lol

I think my turbosmart sounds different now though, its gone high pitched and sounds rubbish lol

Dont say that as i have a turbosmart dv & now im having 2nd thoughts of changing the t.i.p if it alters the sound to a high pitched dump lol

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
I re-adjusted the turbosmart later that day and its back to normal, sound even better than before now if anything so dont worry :)

Dougy

Ibiza Cupra R
Dec 10, 2008
Yorkshire
so your telling me after spending a few hours trying to get that pipe onto the nipple i could of just ragged all that metal piping out and replaced it with silicone hose!!!

OH MY DAYS

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
so your telling me after spending a few hours trying to get that pipe onto the nipple i could of just ragged all that metal piping out and replaced it with silicone hose!!!

OH MY DAYS

Im the same lol

although i didnt spend too long as i figured it was impossible, took 30 seconds to replace with silicone too lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.