Forge Turbo Inlet Pipe

Pikerzoli

Hello, ive got a forge tip for a seat ibiza mk3.Does anyone know if i have to cut the pipe to get it to fit?.Its been one week since i have brought this item and ive had enough of it sitting in my front room!.If i have to cut it, is it the turbo part of the tip i have to cut?.Thanks stefan.

Pikerzoli

I see.The pipe is wrong when it is sat on the turbo though.I have pictures and i cant work out where the dv goes!.All the holes in the turbo lnlet pipe are in the wrong place!.Anyone know a fitting guide?.

Pikerzoli

5mm??.Mine needs more like 5 inches!!!.I wish i could put a picture up, i have one, someone must know what im doing wrong!.When the tip is on the turbo if i fitted everything on, the filter would have to go through the bonnet to fit!.And where would the dv go?.there's no hole for it anywhere.

Pikerzoli

Harrisard, Am i right in saying, you have to take off the std inlet pipe (its got a oval ring clip on bottom of inlet, turbo end) and also the metal piece which the std inlet sits in?.

P1N3R

Jan 12, 2011
Preston, Lancs
Harrisard, Am i right in saying, you have to take off the std inlet pipe (its got a oval ring clip on bottom of inlet, turbo end) and also the metal piece which the std inlet sits in?.

You do indeed, the TIP goes on the inlet of the turbo when the metal piece is removed.

Pikerzoli

Agggggrrrhhhhhhhh.Ive been having alittle pop at forge too!.The part doesnt fit period, it will if i take off the correct part!.Thanks alot P1N3R!.I will go out there tomorrow and fit it with some egg on my face!.

Pikerzoli

I tried all day but i failed to get the 5mm allen bolt/nut off the cast inlet pipe!.Ive already taken off quite afew things but the main things in the way is the clutch cable casing and some pipes for the aircon.How do you get the room to get your hand down to get the bolt/nut off??.Do you go over the top of the turbo and come down or did you just fit your hand pasted the pipes/cable and try and get the allen key on?.Ive worked on many cars in my life but this nut/bolt is one of the worse ive come across!.

Pikerzoli

Ive fitted the bloody thing at last!.Anyone who buys one rememeber this, you must get under the car to get the turbo inlet pipe to the turbo.you can not see what the hell your doing unless you get underneath!.And there is alot of pipes in the way if you decide not to go underneath, in fact on my seat, it would have been impossible to fit without going under the car!.I tried to fit it without doing that for nearly a week!.Anyone who's having problems fitting the forge turbo inlet pipe can pm me and i will try and help you if i can.

19djb87

Sep 15, 2016
3 years on and these are still causing ppl like myself problems. I can now see why the CM one that came with my car wasnt properly fitted lol. Anyway iv got a friend holding the TIP onto side of turbo pretty good, but whenever i get the jubi clip anywhere near tight the pipe just slips off the turbo!! Gonna have another crack at it the night. Thats the car in the air, mate holding it from the top and im underneath tightening it.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
thats the joys of k03 turbo nose.. little to nothing to hold onto and a chamfer leading edge so it wants the hose to slide off.

19djb87

Sep 15, 2016
Haha yeah, what a pest! I gave it all a wipe down as it did seem a little greasy. Tried again and same issue, this time I jammed a hammer handle in between the metal coolant hose and TIP and tried again, this time it tightened up no problem, got it on nice and tight. Particularly chuffed with my unconventional method....if it works it works haha

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.