forge twintake support/bracketing

Lee Riddlesden

Hi, anybody have a forge twintake fitted? Any ideas on supporting or bracketing the pipework as there is quite a bit of movement in the rubber connecting sleeves. A bolt head in the engine Bay is slowly scratching a hole through the pipework !!!!

Lee Riddlesden

Do u have a twintake on yours. If so, have u ran any ducting/pipework down to the front fog light area from the second intake, that comes of to the side.

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
No because the 2nd one is hardly used...the front intake is used the most.

been on the car for awhile, opened the intake for cleaning and one was virtually new(ish) and the other was covered with dust and such...

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
When I had my one on my fr I ran a pipe direct from the side filter down behind the bumper.
It made the intake much easier to live with. It stopped all the darth noise and just gave the proper intake noise.
I think with the twintake there is so much pipework and filters it's difficult to fit without rubbing somewhere.
I fiddled with my over the first 100 miles or so and eventually got it perfect.

Sent from my iPhone

Lee Riddlesden

Yeah the Darth noise is not what I really want. What did u use to get down to the bumper

Cheers.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I bought some 60mm air piping from regal motorsports and a 90 degree silocene elbow and trimmed it so that I could run the air piping down behind the headlamp to just behind the grill.
My new car has bi xenon headlamps and from looking at that there wouldn't be any room.
So as long as you don't have xenons that idea will work.

Lee Riddlesden

Cheers kev. I have xenons but can easliy move the wiring ballast to gain a little bit more room. It is very tight bend thinking of trying some flexible ducting.
Could really do with some sort of support first to be honest.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Does that mean that the diameter of the second filter port is 60mm?
I'm about to order the 90deg elbow and piping (can't find on Regal), but not sure what diameter to go for.
I thought it was 70mm

Lee Riddlesden

I measured mine and the outside diameter is 75mm, where are you ordering the elbow from??

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise