Forte engine flush

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2' started by RyanC93, Feb 3, 2018.

1. RyanC93

RyanC93 Full Member

Has anyone had any experiences with engine flushes on a Cupra , I have Noisey tappets and it’s driving me crazy, I’ve just bought myself 2 forte injector cleaners and 2 lots of petrol treatment bottles , the injector cleaners work very very well. So I am probably going to flush the engine in a few days with the forte brand , the car has been well maintained , regular oil changes but don’t think it ever has been flushed , 90,000 on the car now , just abit cautious as people say it can block up feed lines and so on..

2. Leeoncupra

Leeoncupra Leon cupra 240 stg1

#2 Leeoncupra, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  3. RyanC93

RyanC93 Full Member

Does the cam
    Chain make a tapping noise? My car only seems to tap once it’s up
    To temperature it doesn’t do it when it’s cold .. I would think the chain would do it constantly no matter what temperature or would it do it when it’s warm aswell do you know, I took it for a remap and nothing was said about it at all, can’t really be anything major , I just want it sorted before it turns into
    Something worse Lol

4. Leeoncupra

Mine did it when it got warm but mine was seriously bad , worth checking it mate they are known to go and at 90k its likely mine had 81k when i had mine done

Just a thought , alot of people said it wasnt and my gut told me to get it checked,

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

5. RyanC93

RyanC93 Full Member

Did you check it yourself ? Was yours consistent or inconsistent ? Mine is just constant omce
    The car has reached operating temperature

6. Leeoncupra

It was constant at operating tempreature when i was holding it steady at a steady throttle 3k and above

My garage checked it and replaced it and the noise dissappeared

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

7. RyanC93

RyanC93 Full Member

Mine is ticking when it is just idling (I am going to do an engine flush using forte engine flush, it says it quite a noisy lifters so fingers crossed )Saturday morning with some Mobil 1 oil and a new filter

#7 RyanC93, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018