Forum maintenance upgrade - 02/09/08

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
a good point,
when i turned signatures off i got pages like below, so guess id need to turn off avatars also to be able to view multiple post per page.
However i tend to use bright colours avatars so i can quickly find my posts in long threads..

For long popular threads, i dont suppose there is a way to go to the last post/page that you have previously viewed, or the last post you have made easily is there?

Or perhaps can it be set up so that if i am logged in, my name to myself only appears in a different colour?

singaturesoff.jpg

top left of each page, below "post reply" button, "view first unread" with a drop down

v-g

is an alien.
Mar 10, 2004
Nowhere near, i.e. Norway.
Is it some obscure Nordic energy saving measure that compels you to have your monitor set that way, Vidar? ;)

:D Dave, we're not that weird. That setup was to show that he couldn't possibly read the smallest setting.

The pic below is the normal setting in Firefox. To see the time stamp on the post, I've to lean forward, otherwise I can't distinguish the numbers. Like I've said, don't need bigger text just another colour on that particular text.

And I'm not that old and I recently got my eyes checked.

normal_text_FF.jpg

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Made some alterations to the CSS, does that help your poor eyesight out. :)

is it brighter (white now) >? i swear last nite was grey at home and now at work is white

sorry v-g i can read it on smallest setting but i was in safari at the time and quick tested firefox and didnt realise it went 'that' small

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
is it brighter (white now) >? i swear last nite was grey at home and now at work is white

sorry v-g i can read it on smallest setting but i was in safari at the time and quick tested firefox and didnt realise it went 'that' small

Should be, I made it 1pt size larger at 100% and made it white out of grey.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Is the #post number in a different font? That would look good the same....... :)

I think it's a link that side, and just text on the other. I'm being careful and changing things methodically. If i just go mad in there you can really screw up the forum. I told it to make the text line bold but it doesn't appear to have done it. Only on the text that is a link.

I think i might quit while I'm ahead though. ;)

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
keep going til ya break it - gotta find a limit somehow ;)

where's ya balls ?

actually forget i said that or i'll end up with an inbox full of 'j4se sofa' pics - eeek

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
As it happens it seems I did break something, the main page padding has gone wrong again. You see thats what happens when I touch stuff, it more often than not breaks in my hands.

:cry:

Now I get moaned at. thanks! :rolleyes:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Well i'll just dig myself into a deeper hole now if i try and work out what i've broke. So i'll quietly retire and look forward to getting a rollicking later. :hide:

I'll stick to graphics in future, coding is witchcraft.

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
like the change to white text! looking good.

any thoughts on why i cannot log on to the website any more on my phone,

everytime i put my user / password in then click the accept. then click on the 'click here if the browser does not redirect you' then im still logged out :cry:

anyhelp as its getting annoying

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.