Forum meet in Doncaster 28th April 2019

Mikka Weston

Apr 4, 2019
It gets a new clutch on 30th April. Gone for a Helix Organic clutch after some discussion, and I've asked the guys at VAG Manchester to do the manual clutch tweaks (removing the clutch delay valve and clutch assist spring) at the same time. Not sure on whether I should go for a braided clutch line whilst the work is being done.

No more chocolate clutch!
Exact same clutch I'm going for mate, meant to be bang on! You doing the flywheel at the same time or leaving it? Let me know how it feels when you do it

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Exact same clutch I'm going for mate, meant to be bang on! You doing the flywheel at the same time or leaving it? Let me know how it feels when you do it

I've been told to leave the flywheel as there's nothing wrong with the stock one. Need it to be drivable for every day use too, so can't go too 'race car'.

Mikka Weston

Apr 4, 2019
I've been told to leave the flywheel as there's nothing wrong with the stock one. Need it to be drivable for every day use too, so can't go too 'race car'.
As far as I've heard, flywheel only needs doing if it's already slipping but you wont know the condition of it till they open it up... yea I know what you mean, even tho mines only a weekend toy, I dont want it to be horrible to nip around in

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
As far as I've heard, flywheel only needs doing if it's already slipping but you wont know the condition of it till they open it up... yea I know what you mean, even tho mines only a weekend toy, I dont want it to be horrible to nip around in

I've had no slippage yet and I'm running stage one. But I'm not really pushing the car as I'm trying to preserve the transmission so everything is good when the clutch is upgraded.

brivww

Brian W
Jan 30, 2018
I am going to Blyton Park track next week with my daughter and its £179 for the two of us to drive on the track all day.

As with all tracks they offer Breakfast, Lunch, Tea / Coffee and helmet hire

Something for you guys to talk about at the national meet, the bit i like about Blyton, its in the midlands, Its a nice small track but lots of fun to drive and if you do private hire they only allow 6 cars on the track at a time so you dont have problems with to many people on the track.

Count me in on this if you do decide to go

Deleted member 103408

I will have a chat with the guys on Saturday and see how much to private hire for the day so we can work out how many we need to come to make it worth while bearing in mind a normal track day is around 100 - 150 (although later it the year it can get cheaper.)

Deleted member 103408

Just had a chat with Blyton Park

They don't do club meets at the weekend so its a weekday event only I am afraid.

Cost is

Summer Time £3,000 (Inclusive of VAT) But you will have to pay for food on the day if there is enough interest
Winter Time £1750 (inclusive of VAT)

So to get the cost down to £100 we would need 30 members to be happy to pay (i am afraid I dont think we will get that much interest)
or 18 Members for the winter run.

For the money we get the track for the day (9am - 4pm in the winter later in the summer)
and includes full safety briefing / sighting laps, all safety services and Public liability insurance.

You do not need insurance but if you have an accident the cost is down to you as on the track you don't claim off anybody else.

I have asked what periods cover summer/winter and we can see if there is any interest.

The other option (which is more likley to get people involved in my opinion) is to arrange a SCN Meet on a track day so we don't need all the numbers.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Is this the same one that only lets 6 cars out at a time? Can we specify which cars we want to go out with? Eg, if we did your other option of turning up on a general track day. Could we specify we only want to go out with our own members?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Not sure how much this is... but I like to be prepared... this is from my own insurer:
upload_2019-4-17_12-30-32.png

Deleted member 103408

Is this the same one that only lets 6 cars out at a time? Can we specify which cars we want to go out with? Eg, if we did your other option of turning up on a general track day. Could we specify we only want to go out with our own members?

Yes this is the track that limit's numbers to 6 out on the track at any one time. Who goes out on the track with who is down to us as a club to organise, When I did a Novice day they put you in groups and each group got 20 minutes on the track then off (which is enough) then the next group out etc.

If we do a normal track day no its an open pit lane so you go out when you want and if you dont like who is on the track you come off and go out again later.

Normal car insurance policy does not cover track day in fact is normally specifies you are not covered. We could always talke to one of our sponsors and see if we could get a club cover for a one off event.

Update, on a normal track day I will fill up at the start of the day and have to fill up again at lunch time but its down to how hard / often you drive the car.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
do you pay extra for this or is it included in your policy?

It's extra. Blyton Park is on the list.

Update, on a normal track day I will fill up at the start of the day and have to fill up again at lunch time but its down to how hard / often you drive the car.

Do you use race fuel?

I think for my first time out i'd like to pootle round and break the national speed limit a bit.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Deleted member 103408

No normal 99 Ron, you can use 100+ but you should have a map that supports it otherwise I dont know how much extra you get out of it.

You can get over 100, I cant recall what i got last time but there are no speed limits and lots of run off so if you do go to fast and dont stop in time there is a nice safe verge to go on. They also have a cart track there for those who have a cart as well :)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
No normal 99 Ron, you can use 100+ but you should have a map that supports it otherwise I dont know how much extra you get out of it

Ah right... I was wondering how you got around the cat. I looked at mapping on race fuel, but Milltek say to only use it max once per year to avoid damaging the cat.

Deleted member 103408

Dont use race fuel so not an issue but I was never told about that, I check it out if I ever get good enough to want to use it.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Just had it confirmed that I’m working the weekend of the meet so definitely will not be able to make it

Not happy with some work colleagues who could have helped but it’s the way it is.

Hope you all have a great meet and I’ll be looking forward to catching up again soon.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just had it confirmed that I’m working the weekend of the meet so definitely will not be able to make it

Not happy with some work colleagues who could have helped but it’s the way it is.

Hope you all have a great meet and I’ll be looking forward to catching up again soon.
Gutted! You'll be missed! You want to keep the dirtiest car award longer don't you haha see you at the nationals for sure! Can you make the may catch up at the North East auto show?

Reactions: Maypack
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.