Forum meet in Doncaster 28th April 2019

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You can hire Santa Pod for the day :) its only £3850 + vat for the day and i know that Blyton Park also hire out to clubs and limit the track to 6 cars so its safe and loads of room to just enjoy.

If we can get 20 of us willing to throw in £200 each. That's a good price for a whole day.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Deleted member 103408

I am going to Blyton Park track next week with my daughter and its £179 for the two of us to drive on the track all day.

As with all tracks they offer Breakfast, Lunch, Tea / Coffee and helmet hire

Something for you guys to talk about at the national meet, the bit i like about Blyton, its in the midlands, Its a nice small track but lots of fun to drive and if you do private hire they only allow 6 cars on the track at a time so you dont have problems with to many people on the track.

Mikka Weston

Apr 4, 2019
I am going to Blyton Park track next week with my daughter and its £179 for the two of us to drive on the track all day.

As with all tracks they offer Breakfast, Lunch, Tea / Coffee and helmet hire

Something for you guys to talk about at the national meet, the bit i like about Blyton, its in the midlands, Its a nice small track but lots of fun to drive and if you do private hire they only allow 6 cars on the track at a time so you dont have problems with to many people on the track.
Just had a look and that's only about a 40 minute drive for me, might have to organise a session for a few of us on here as I'd really love to get some track days in this year!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
if you do private hire they only allow 6 cars on the track at a time so you dont have problems with to many people on the track.

My biggest concern and I realise you have loads of track experience, is idiots. I worry about someone else taking me out and the end of Sealion1. But if we hired it privately with 5 other people I trust. I would def be up for it!

Edited... haha, that sounds really bad reading it back. I mean from your experience you know better than me how many idiots there are out there (or none). LOL.

Deleted member 103408

Check out https://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackdays/Blyton-Park as they use the track a fair bit.

My fav bit of this track (apart from the track itself)

index.php

Yes cars stored in a bubble and I wanted to drive this one

index.php

and here is a video of the sighting lap of the track so you can see what its like

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I wouldn't trust myself on a track lol I like straights. But I'd be happy watching as it's going to be fun if it's just us lot on the track.

Shall I enquire about hiring the track or do you want to have a word @theoldboy? Seems like a nice place to meet.

Deleted member 103408

My biggest concern and I realise you have loads of track experience, is idiots. I worry about someone else taking me out and the end of Sealion1. But if we hired it privately with 5 other people I trust. I would def be up for it!

Edited... haha, that sounds really bad reading it back. I mean from your experience you know better than me how many idiots there are out there (or none). LOL.

If we did a forum track day even if the track dont limit numbers we would but in reality you car insurance does not cover you for any accident. Everybody there is to have fun and dont want to bash there car so yes people do stupid things at the start (because they dont listen to the saftey briefing and don't think it will happen to them. The other end is at the end of the day people can get over confident and go to fast and then stuff happens.

But if we were doing a SCN Track day we just sort out people who have not done it before and those who have and sort out who is on the track at any given time, the rest of us just watch and video. Nobody wants to smash there or somebody elses car up

Reactions: paddy6789

Deleted member 103408

and finally this is what happens when people dont listen

But I would stress if we did a SCN Meet we would make sure people were very clear on what was expected and pay attention and again with only 5 people on the track much easier to control.

Just to be clear in the saftey briefing they said stay off the concrete edges its very cold out that and they are not safe.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
If we did a forum track day even if the track dont limit numbers we would but in reality you car insurance does not cover you for any accident.

Can't you get track insurance for like £100 for the day from your insurer? Doesn't that cover if I trash the car? Haha, I'd be driving round at 25mph and indicating at corners.

I like those bubbles, I could do with one for parking at work. Although..I've "stolen" the reserved space right by the door. Security guard stopped me leaving tonight "that you car in the reserved space?". Turning pale I turned around ... "it's a nice car isn't it". So I take that as my permission to park there permanently now. Chap in the space next to it rides a motorbike. Which is ace (obviously cause he blocks the space whilst coming nowhere near me LOL).

Reactions: paddy6789

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
Can't you get track insurance for like £100 for the day from your insurer? Doesn't that cover if I trash the car? Haha, I'd be driving round at 25mph and indicating at corners.

I like those bubbles, I could do with one for parking at work. Although..I've "stolen" the reserved space right by the door. Security guard stopped me leaving tonight "that you car in the reserved space?". Turning pale I turned around ... "it's a nice car isn't it". So I take that as my permission to park there permanently now. Chap in the space next to it rides a motorbike. Which is ace (obviously cause he blocks the space whilst coming nowhere near me LOL).

Only need insurance if you plan on writing it off.... Lol I joke. Be a good idea but don't think I'd take the Cupra PD round track

Mikka Weston

Apr 4, 2019

I'm with greenlight insurance and they offer track day insurance for £45, think theres only 1 track in the UK they dont cover but I cant remember which one it is...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
It gets a new clutch on 30th April. Gone for a Helix Organic clutch after some discussion, and I've asked the guys at VAG Manchester to do the manual clutch tweaks (removing the clutch delay valve and clutch assist spring) at the same time. Not sure on whether I should go for a braided clutch line whilst the work is being done.

No more chocolate clutch!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members