Forum Meet Trophy - Beast from the East

Deleted member 103408

Warning to all, be carefull with these models they are just like highly tuned cars, they can (and do) break.

I sent the award to @Yellow fr as my injectors decided to have a holiday for the meet.
I wrapped up the prize but this is how it got to him

fabc4089b9a2853d05bc57ee1ef06917.jpg

I have been legless before but never armless but it was a bit sad that it was in such a bad state.

Good news is that he is a man who can fix it (and does it for a living) and its now sorted - big thank you from me

4a1f05466913f745a366a318b707349f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 103408

Moral of this story is dont post these things, bring them to meets and make sure you dont mod your car just before the meet........

Deleted member 103408

whats wrong with your intake that you need threadlock, I have had both revo open cone and the carbon version no issues so far.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You know the bolt that holds the pipe to the engine? So far I've lost 7ish bolts. About 10 metal washers and at least 3 rubber washers. I switched to a longer bolt and threadlocked it (which I did with 2-3 of the previous bolts). Then read if the bolts too long it knocks out the blank on the other side and it falls into your turbo. All in all. A great design. Oh and add the fact it hits the back of my passenger xenon and may have been the cause of the backplate cracking and blowing up my Afs module.

Deleted member 103408

Well in that case the design has been improved on the MK3 as I have had none of that sort of stuff, the only maintenance I have had to do is clean and reoil the cone filter (sadly now gone)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I saw a picture of a snapped "revised design" last night. I guess I should do something before summat bad happens to my turbo or my headlight (again). I've never bothered to clean the cone filter. More cause I was scared off by tales off excessive oil ruining the MAF. However, my intake is a couple of years old now and whenever I touch the cone, I get a palm full of oil.

Deleted member 103408

i dont know but that sounds like to much oil to me

Deleted member 103408

Well she is moving on at the next meet

Picture of her leaving her current home (very sad to be leaving)

index.php

This time she is being delivered by car so no damage hopefully.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I will miss seeing it on top off my fridge every time I walk into the kitchen I see the beast
A couple off hours left till I set off to drop the beast off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure you'll get another one at the next meet you go to... :think: