Forum Signatures

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
hey, Fella.. WHAT DO YA WANT for NOTHING?!?!?!?!?

strewth , theres no pleasing some people!:D

yes there is please some ppl by not continuosly messing around with settings making peoples posts and signatures fekk up where the codes been removed for example ONE big thing thats really annoying me is (see example below)

..... went to Jabbasport today and got my Sweet Sweet FMIC

The codes really bugging to read! as reading a LOT of text gives me headaches etc so trying to read it with all this crappy code in the way is doin me head in and im guessing i also speak for others as well! So what if one tit has big pink writing its not everybody! I know why you want to keep changing everything but its a community surely it should be how the public would like it?? Also I do RUN a forum as well so i know your guys side of it too!

Last edited:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
servers have to be updated.. bandwidth is another consideration. its somewhat akin to having a bucket.. you can fill the bucket, but if you keep pouring water in, some overflows and gets lost... to keep the 'Good' stuff.. you need to get rid of some of the Crap.. I too, have lost info that i had on my siggy, because I had to 're-jig' it..
stop bleating , deal with it and crack on.. it aint gonna change :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Does your forum database size exceed 1Gb of text? no images..

And what about over 60k page views per day, nigh on 300Gb Data per month

This is a massive site to keep running effectively - and as with all big sites, the functionality gets stripped out the bigger it gets (compare VWVortex forums to these if you want to see paired back functionality)

Server bills are huge, and we can only sustain this by paying sponsors. Unfortunately we can't upgrade our server spec without doubling the server costs (one for db, one for file serving)

That'll be 5k plus VAT thanks.

did someone mention the lack of subscription?

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
put up a option to donate thing, give a donation perks.
if you donate then you are allowed a siganture blah blah blah thing.
and at the nd of the day, i you can all afford to spend thousands on our cars tuning them etc you can spare a tenner to mork and crew to keep this place going at miniimal cost to them.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Does your forum database size exceed 1Gb of text? no images..

And what about over 60k page views per day, nigh on 300Gb Data per month

This is a massive site to keep running effectively - and as with all big sites, the functionality gets stripped out the bigger it gets (compare VWVortex forums to these if you want to see paired back functionality)

Server bills are huge, and we can only sustain this by paying sponsors. Unfortunately we can't upgrade our server spec without doubling the server costs (one for db, one for file serving)

That'll be 5k plus VAT thanks.

did someone mention the lack of subscription?
aparently i did, and kinda got accused of SUCKING UP ?!?!?!?
whatever next, eh :rolleyes:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
put up a option to donate thing, give a donation perks.
if you donate then you are allowed a siganture blah blah blah thing.
and at the nd of the day, i you can all afford to spend thousands on our cars tuning them etc you can spare a tenner to mork and crew to keep this place going at miniimal cost to them.

We decided some time ago (day1) that we'd remain free of charge

Paying for something like this would increase our time to run, but also mean we 'owe' a service to people (where at the moment we can refund the sponsors & close 'now' if we wanted)

Self sufficient is the way forward for us, plus we don't require the income as we all work full time.

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
donate... free will.. owe you nuffin!

btu good lad, free is always a word i like to hear!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
If signatures bug people, turn them off in the USER CP, more of that self will eh. ;)

Just because you've turned them off to view, doesn't mean folks won't see your signature, if its that important.

The forum is managed in such a way to keep it running fast and efficiently, not so people can foul it up with pretty coloured text half a page high.

So glad though that our free time is appreciated so much [:@]

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
The forum is managed in such a way to keep it running fast and efficiently, not so people can foul it up with [strikethrough]pretty coloured[/strikethrough] text half a page high.

No offence meant (love the site, love the site owner, mods rule.... and all that!)

But........
Is it me or does anyone else see the irony of that comment? :whistle:

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
I think he was refering to individual characters not the entire sig. :doh:

Which is why it appears (from other reports in this thread at least) that the entire sig for normal users is limited to 4 lines now :confused: ..... :shrug:

Anyway, not that fussed site decision and all that, if you ask me i personally think a small sig is best.

/me goes off to other sections to read :wave:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Its the huge point size text in ugly fonts im referring to, the pics are not so much of an issue, if their sensible. But your right i do need to revisit my sig, needs an update. ;) Though I have to have some perks. :p

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
probably :)

We can set limits by usergroup - and given that few moderators take the mick compared to full members & n00bs - admin have no limits at all, but the rest of you do :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.