Forum Skin Change

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Fl@pper said:
the white as a design is a cracker but just has too much white in it for my eyes - sorry but then i must confess im used to the grey so im biased i just prefer the contrast in all the colours - probably just pazy and it saves me actually reading it properly

the old / new above look great m0rk

im not gonna picket the gates or anything but would just say it would be nice to have a choice - i know its more work as the std skins are JANK but it is appreciated

Yeah i think its difficult if you have got used to something, i didnt want to moan it was just a shock because of what im used to

I do like the way the buttons are though on the grey screen across the top, i find them VERY clear that way

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
The standard skin is a big problem, as we have to spend a lot more time getting it to work with the functions of the site, especially as it was more geared towards an earlier version of vBulletin.

Ideally we want to kill it off, because otherwise some people are going to get left with problems. And we can't support it forever, its simply holding the site back.

But we'll try and make the newer alternatives a closer compromise than the current skin is.

But im afraid the old vB skins days are numbered.

gazjones

i like the design of the white just the colour nothing really stands out but i know what your saying about all forums looking the same! and wanting to move on!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Wow, what have I started. Maybe its taught me a lesson that i shouldnt spend all gods hours on here.

Some of the new skins look nice tho. I do agree, the grey skin was looking dated, but its the features and ease of use i liked. :D

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
jedi knight said:
no, please bring back the grey and the new post button, I thought there was something wrong with my system :blink:
just press quick links and the todays posts.took me all of 2 minutes to find that out :p

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
jedi knight said:
thanks matey, this is going to take some getting used to :(

All the near future varients will be along the same theme line.

As I've pointed out ^^^

"sorry if freeing up our time is a pain" and "pay your money at the entrance"

we take constructive critism onboard & see what we can do, but like all things - if we can make it better/quicker/even more professional looking then we will

our next nearest competition (in our eyes) covers a worldwide market & employs people as F/T staff - so they can spend all day hacking.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Surely it would be more productive to turn your contrast down/poke around the new skins rather than complaining?

Yes it's different, but you'll get used to it and if it gives m0rk and co more free time so he'll stop being a grumpy sod then it can only be a good thing. ;)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Not like we didn't point out the obvious either.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77724

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77808

I must do stuff like this for the good of my health obviously :p

If people like m0rk and Martyn and all the other helpful members of the crew hadn't spent their unpaid free time, building the site, and having a lasting interest in it, it would of surely died the death.

We appreciate the members input, but if any of us start to lose interest in the forum and site, then its a long time dead too.

Which would be a very sad thing, given how much its achieved in its 5 or so years.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Ahhh, b*gger. Grey skins gone now then... boooo. Hate this white jobbie, but hey, i'm not being helpful so i'll keep shhhtttuum.

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
I've used the white skin since the forums were upgraded ages ago.. Yes it was a little uncomfortable to begin with as I found the text less readable, however, tbh, like most things you get used to it. Change happens, and it does look a whole lot fresher and less luddite

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
driveforward said:
I've used the white skin since the forums were upgraded ages ago.. Yes it was a little uncomfortable to begin with as I found the text less readable, however, tbh, like most things you get used to it. Change happens, and it does look a whole lot fresher and less luddite
My sentiments too. Didn't see it as an improvement at first but once you get used to it it does have a much fresher feel. Reverted back to the old one by accident once when I cleared my cookies and hated it - soon switched back again.

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
FFS!!!! You seen to forget that the two Marks do this for free, pretty much single handedly (duel). If the white hurts, then its pretty simple, set your monitor up correctly.

I'm all for constructive comments, but there is only a handful here out of the 57 + give M0rk and Z time to get all this in motion, things dont happen over night (particularly free ones)

I've a good mind to close this thread in respect of all the work Z and Mark do. Running any site like this is not a 2 minute job.

<rant over.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
m0rk said:
turn your contrast to a normal level.

so 8 no's vs 14,485 'bovered

add me to the no's

sorry m0rk

this skin aint nice on the eye's no matter what I do with the screens contrast.
I was back in "old" mode anyhows.

view new posts was a nice feature advocated by you, but not on the new skin? Any reason its not here?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.