Forum Skin Change

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
ZBOYD said:
Basically, we're looking at options, including another skin, and modifying skins to get an ideal compromise.

the standard vB skins are poor, the buttons look amateur hour, and ruins the look of the forum, we could just settle with a forum that is a clone of every other forum out there, but instead we do actually put a great deal of our free time into raising its game, and trying to make it a bit more unique and identifiable.

We take on board the critisism, but "PUT IT BACK" isnt helpful, always moving forward here, but we should be able to offer a few choices rather than plain vanilla.

not saying put it back, but more contrast and less bright seems to be a theme..
maybe its down to the users screens etc...
I use TFT @ home and crappy old CRT @ work (which is nasty)

good luck deciding.
you'll get it right

:)

20vtB0b

Cupra R - No looking back
Mar 25, 2003
Woking
Visit site
Hmmm, I'm getting more used to the new look now. I think a lot of the problems were the sudden shock of the familiar look and feel no longer being there. I spent 5 minutes trying to work out what I had done to my settings before checking the Forum Gripes section and finding out I was not alone. Strangely the new colours aren't too different to Pistonheads and I have no problem with that, the main difference is that PH use a much darker colour for their text so it contrasts better with the white background.

Cheers
Bob

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
I think this is it really, its just getting used to something that has been in place for SO long for some people!

I liked the way it was 'different' from most other forums but like i said in a post #13 everything you all do for this site is appreciated LOADS and i didnt mean to come across as if i didnt appreciate what you all do (if i did)

I liked the grey colour scheme as it gave contrast and helped things stand out, the way all the shortcuts were lined along the top under the main header, the main screen filled more of the page and also that there was a 'new post' button :whistle:

I just want you to know that this is only my opinion on this and i think its good that we get chance to express our thoughts and give feedback even if they are slightly mixed, although i do believe there is a way to do it

I hope i have put this is a more diplomatic way than i may have done at first

I am sure i will get used to anything that is changed and will definatly support any changes that have/need to be made ;)

Last edited:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
just read through this whole thread, and my eyes are less busy now, as I woke a couple of hours ago (rather than when I commented earlier in the thread having just awoken and logged in/on.. that WAS a bit of a stab in the eyes, but now its not so bad..)
I agree wholeheartedly as to what the Mod/Admin guys are saying having previously had an insight into the behind the scenes stuff on another site
these guys DONT HAVE to do what they do, its all free and gratis, and should be remembered and appreciated:)

so could you kindly move me now into the quite like corner please ;)

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Brummy said:
just read through this whole thread, and my eyes are less busy now, as I woke a couple of hours ago (rather than when I commented earlier in the thread having just awoken and logged in/on.. that WAS a bit of a stab in the eyes, but now its not so bad..)
I agree wholeheartedly as to what the Mod/Admin guys are saying having previously had an insight into the behind the scenes stuff on another site
these guys DONT HAVE to do what they do, its all free and gratis, and should be remembered and appreciated:)

so could you kindly move me now into the quite like corner please ;)

Yeah i agree, its growing on me ;)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Like i said last night, this isnt the be all and end all, we're fully intending to look at modifying the skins, and take on board most of the issues, and we'll do our best to compromise these into the tweaks we do.

But overall the funtionality of the forum, ie new posts etc, can't change, as the forum software has changed dramatically since we first setup the original grey look skin, and the old vB3 skins don't translate over to vB 3.5

Round peg Square hole im afraid, where as if we have a few different skins based on the 3.5 layout, whatever alterations we then make, can easily and quickly be done to the other skins.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Looks more a dark grey on a light grey for me here and I don't think you can adjust contract on TFT panels. I'll admit that in some types of light it can be hard to read, but I suspect that's more due to the display than the actual skin though. :shrug:

Mat138L

Nov 2, 2005
halifax
i am getting to like the applied version its not that bad at all i just thought i had fooked my computer :crash: when it changed.the only thing is there is a lot of white so not as colourfull but you soon get to grips with it.its still very good and i am sure we are all very greatfull for all the work you guys put in on this site.:worship:

helms

Console Race Car Driver
Jan 30, 2005
Basingstoke
i miss my nice "new posts" button on the top of the page.
How do i do this now? lol.
As always, we all appreciate the Admins. But have to admit. the white does give me a head ache. Hopefully we will get something more like the old one, i guess im jst kinda stuck in my ways.
Ill have to fiddle around with me monitor to see if i can adjust the brightness. =)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.