Forum Trophy - Best modified award (MK2 BTCC shape)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Well thought I'd get to it and get another trophy started as we have a best stock one I thought I had best reciprocate with a best modified...

Naturally the MK2 Leon is the cheapest model to get hold of although I have the BTCC touring car version to go along side the theme...

Here she is out the box... Couldn't have done a worse paint job lol I could of painted it better with steel wool... But that doesn't matter as usual it all gets stripped down.

IMG_20190608_151625-2320x1305.jpg

IMG_20190608_151642-2320x1305.jpg

Plans for this one get a little bit more fun lol

Racing seats (current ones out already)
New steering wheel
New 18" 6 spoke alloys
Slick tyres
Roll cage
Uprated discs
New pedals (currently lack of)
5 point harness
New gear stick
Front splitter
Lowering springs

As this one has no front windows it should be easier to see these mods as I normally black them out.

Spoiler is already present so that's a win! Also wide arches shall be a fun one to spray and paint.

Paint colour options welcome. Hoping to get this finished before the national meet.

Any progress will be updated as and when.

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
Well thought I'd get to it and get another trophy started as we have a best stock one I thought I had best reciprocate with a best modified...

Naturally the MK2 Leon is the cheapest model to get hold of although I have the BTCC touring car version to go along side the theme...

Here she is out the box... Couldn't have done a worse paint job lol I could of painted it better with steel wool... But that doesn't matter as usual it all gets stripped down.

View attachment 7634
View attachment 7635

Plans for this one get a little bit more fun lol

Racing seats (current ones out already)
New steering wheel
New 18" 6 spoke alloys
Slick tyres
Roll cage
Uprated discs
New pedals (currently lack of)
5 point harness
New gear stick
Front splitter
Lowering springs

As this one has no front windows it should be easier to see these mods as I normally black them out.

Spoiler is already present so that's a win! Also wide arches shall be a fun one to spray and paint.

Paint colour options welcome. Hoping to get this finished before the national meet.

Any progress will be updated as and when.
That looks epic man! Can't wait to see final product. What colour options you thinking?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That looks epic man! Can't wait to see final product. What colour options you thinking?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
I may go for a matt grey I think unless something better comes up....

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
If they ever invent a shrink ray, I'm going to go outside, shrink my Cupra and let you glue stuff in it!!
I'm pretty sure these models don't have the full system installed lol imagine trying to change your discs and pads if they were 1:43 of the size haha the pipes would be microscopic lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm pretty sure these models don't have the full system installed lol imagine trying to change your discs and pads if they were 1:43 of the size haha the pipes would be microscopic lol

Save me doing it outside in the boiling sun or p!ssing rain though! Although I could just do like @Sharpy and wash them in the kitchen sink!

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Well went with grey...
PhotoPictureResizer_190624_171519573-1305x2320.jpg

Got a few bits ready, looking at putting a mesh grill in front of the radiator area and then new exhaust pipes then it's waiting for all the rest of the goodies to arrive.
IMG_20190626_075205-2320x1305.jpg

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Looks fab. You certainly do a proper job on the strip down and re build.
I’m into doing up models aswell. I’m currently stripping down a SCX slot car mk1 Cupra R to make a standard replica of my road car in Platinum grey.
( hopefully)
I’d like to do the same to one of my 1.43 scale neo mk1 LCR models but I don’t particularly want to re paint any unless I can get hold of one cheap.
I need a silver one to complete my collection if anyone out there has one?

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Looks fab. You certainly do a proper job on the strip down and re build.
I’m into doing up models aswell. I’m currently stripping down a SCX slot car mk1 Cupra R to make a standard replica of my road car in Platinum grey.
( hopefully)
I’d like to do the same to one of my 1.43 scale neo mk1 LCR models but I don’t particularly want to re paint any unless I can get hold of one cheap.
I need a silver one to complete my collection if anyone out there has one?
Thanks very much, I used to do this sort of thing on smaller models back in the day so that's helped... this is large in comparison haha

The MK1 cars are very expensive (£60+) so that would be a tough one to chew but they do a MK1 Taxi which I think has the Cupra look which is what i've used... you need need to fill the hole at the top from the taxi sign... I did a build here so you can judge lol https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/forum-meet-trophy-big-ts-lcr.452055/ I can send you the eBay link to them as they're from China it's only about £10.99 for the MK1 but alot of work needs doing to get that hole filled and smooth now i've done it once the next one should be better lol.

If you've got any tips that may help me i'm all ears haha

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Ah, I’ve seen those taxis on e bay, that’s a good shout.
I can’t believe the price of those neo ones now. They pop up for sale every now and again for a pretty penny don’t they?
I bought 3 when they first came ou, a red one a yellow one and a black one.
I couldn’t find a silver one at the time and have never seen another.
I’ll check that post on the taxi, cheers.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ah, I’ve seen those taxis on e bay, that’s a good shout.
I can’t believe the price of those neo ones now. They pop up for sale every now and again for a pretty penny don’t they?
I bought 3 when they first came ou, a red one a yellow one and a black one.
I couldn’t find a silver one at the time and have never seen another.
I’ll check that post on the taxi, cheers.
I've done 2 MK2 Leon Cupra's, a MK1 Leon and a MK3 Leon Cupra lol it's been fun and testing! I find the hardest bit is getting the right humidity for the spray paint to set correctly as it's such a small area it can blob up.

Yeah when I saw the MK2 Leon's going for £8 I got 3 of them lol and now we use them all as the Trophies for our meets.

Silver is a tough colour on all of them I think I haven't seen many. When something turns into a thing the price goes up which is annoying!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
A quick update now some parts have arrived for this model

I've now got the following to fit...

Bucket seats
Roll Cage
New Alloys and Tyres
Indicators
Discs and Pads
Steering Wheel
Seat Harnesses

Stuff I previously had

Towing eye
Exhaust Back boxes
Mesh for front grill

IMG_20190720_143124-2320x1305.jpg

Deleted member 103408

What pads are you fitting to those great looking disks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.