Found a pipe, no idea what it is. HELP!!

kris.robertson.12

Apr 23, 2018
Hey guys i have a mk2 leon tdi fr it has a egr delete, dpf delete, bkd inlet manifold and a map. Today while checking my oil, coolant etc i found a braided hose behind my egr delete. Ive had a look around the area i found it and cant see where it came from. I have attached a picture of the pipe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3a3c7042568144589ffb4d691e8129c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It's not just left over stuff from when they did the EGR delete? Can't really figure what it is, but am I right in saying its a rubber tube with a bolt partially screwed into it? If so, I'd say scrap as in that state nothing could flow through it.

kris.robertson.12

Apr 23, 2018
It's not just left over stuff from when they did the EGR delete? Can't really figure what it is, but am I right in saying its a rubber tube with a bolt partially screwed into it? If so, I'd say scrap as in that state nothing could flow through it.

Well i would hope its not just left over as its been a year lol. Yeah its rubber with a screw in it. Cars not loosing any fluids and it still runs just curious as to where it come from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andycupra

status subject to change
i want to see the other end of it. as the end shown is a pipe blocked off with the bolt, so i doubt its a pipe removed as part of the work as why would you screw a bolt into a pipe you are removing...
so for me, i want to see the other end to see if it appears to be a pipe thats failed or not. if failed then find out where you now have an open ended pipe which was previously blanked off.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
as the end shown is a pipe blocked off with the bolt, so i doubt its a pipe removed as part of the work as why would you screw a bolt into a pipe you are removing....

I would have thought, if by design the bolt was supposed to be there, the pipe would have a thread in it. It sounds like summat I'd do with scrap parts whilst working on a car and waiting for something. Or just to make the offcut pile a bit tidier. Plus, it also looks like the bolt is splitting the end of the pipe, as in too wide for it. I reckon it'd just leak.

andycupra

status subject to change
I was thinking
I would have thought, if by design the bolt was supposed to be there, the pipe would have a thread in it. It sounds like summat I'd do with scrap parts whilst working on a car and waiting for something. Or just to make the offcut pile a bit tidier. Plus, it also looks like the bolt is splitting the end of the pipe, as in too wide for it. I reckon it'd just leak.
I was thinking more along the line that the pipe was blanked off using the bolt as part of a project, such as the EGR delete that has been done. if the pipe was then free to swing about rather than being connected up it may well then fail at the other end and become detached. my concern if the pipe was blanked off, but has then fractured so the pipe is now open again?