Found Any Rust On Your Mk2?

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
ECB. That sounds the same as mine, rusted from the inside, your Leon is still covered by the 12 year 'Anti Perforation' warranty, call SEAT customer care and log it as a warranty claim.

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
So my 2007 leon fr had a rusty wing. I'm the second owner and had the car since 10k miles Never been in an accident or even had a car park knock. I checked the corrosion warranty and took it to my local dealer. I was told that the warranty only covers for 10years and mine is over by 5 months! Ouch! The dealer commented on the cars excellent condition and agreed to offer 50% towards the cost. I haven't read too much of this happening to Leon's although it seems common with mk5 golfs. Initially they did try to say the warranty didn’t cover that kind of corrosion.
I’ve heard that dealers can be difficult with this issue. I went to Cardiff and have to say they were good as gold. Obviously I’d agree they covered the whole cost but generally I’m happy.

JasonTopHat

Sep 19, 2017
This is very common.
I had to replace both front wings a few years back due to sponges in the wings.

Daft thing, I have just got a 2017 plate Alfa Giullietta and they have placed sponges in the front wings too. So I need to have a word with the dealer when I have to visit.

If anyone has not checked for this daft idea, I would recommend doing so before winter sets in and salty water collects in the sponge.

PaulusB

Jun 9, 2019
I have on one inner side of the boot lid a small line of bubbles! Any one familiar with this area?

Is not a hard place to fix. Will tackle it soon before it get worse.

I think it is from water sitting in the folded metal part.

What do u think?
bddf3edadb49b8903b15d5e87ec92520.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nick Nick

Ibiza Veteran, Leon Virgin
Nov 13, 2005
Southampton
Had a thought while reading this thread. Would it be a reasonable idea to attempt to seal the gap as far as possible between the rear window and the boot (tailgate) to stop rust from the water pool? I've only had the car a week or two and have noticed the pooling which is already annoying me since that is one of the places that the Ibiza mk2 rusted. Clear outdoor waterproof window caulking would probably work I reckon, but my only concern would be the reaction of the caulking with the car paint and or window rubber/sealant. Any thoughts welcomed.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Rust on the sills, had it repaired but some of its coming back already. Front arches have some rust, I removed the sponges on getting the car but it's a 2007 and I've had it only two years.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members