fr 0-60

gazjones

ive been looking at loads of different sites and books and the 0-60 for my fr ranges from 7.6 (fasthatches.com) to 8.4 in the seat book any one know what is the most accurate fast hatches then says 0-62 is 8.4 how can it take 0.8 of a second to gain 2mph when i gear change int even needed.

gazjones

that would be why then so looks like around 8 seconds then i would time it but at the moment when i put my foot down all i get is traction controll light flashing even in second at about 50 either the brigdstones have no grip on the roads are worse than they look

Johnsey

SNAFU
Dec 23, 2003
Here & There
www.google.com
gazjones said:
that would be why then so looks like around 8 seconds then i would time it but at the moment when i put my foot down all i get is traction controll light flashing even in second at about 50 either the brigdstones have no grip on the roads are worse than they look
If they're Bridgestone Turanzas they're shocking at the best of times :rolleyes:

gazjones

yea they are the ones it comes with but ill have to keep them for a bit tho

T. Spark

Oi, they aint that bad! In this weather they do lack a little, but in the summer time, they are better than some, and last alot longer than most!

Johnsey

SNAFU
Dec 23, 2003
Here & There
www.google.com
Sir SparkSter said:
Oi, they aint that bad! In this weather they do lack a little, but in the summer time, they are better than some, and last alot longer than most!
Considering the cheapest I found them in the local area was £110 a tyre they didn't justify the price tag. The slightest drop of rain and the little grip they had, vanished. Each to their own and all that though. Currently using Firestone's Firehawk SZ80's for under £80 and the grip levels in the wet are far better, wear rate of about 10-12k. Having discovered a rip in the sidewall of one of them this morning I have to go and get some more later :(

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
i would say standard it must be high 7's,

Although i reckon when you are modded a 5.9 or very high 5 would be possible, i only had one go at TRAX in 30c heat and with the car loaded up and got 6.3. Best to leave the traction control off for the best times IMO

gazjones

yea but with lack of grip it just satys still and speedo is saying 40mph lol just have to wait till it warms up and roads have bit more grip

chris19

Beemer Slayer
Jan 30, 2005
London
Gaz,

Good choice of car mate. I am in a similar position. Got my Mk4 Cupra back in June when I was just 19. Now I'm 20 and have had the Cupra remapped by Revo. It's going in for its first service and a bit of work (fiddly new car problems with switches etc) and my down pipe has blown. When I get it back on Christmas Eve I will fit new induction kit ( xmas pressie from my gf ! :). )

My tyres are the Pirelli ones but they have worn as I've now done 10,000 miles. In this weather, even with the blown downpipe (which seams so slow with this problem) the car just sits still with wheelspin.

I do love the car but the tyres aren't cheap. I also rate the Revo remap which I had done in September. People say the revo is just cheap and only works off turbo boost, so u get nothing...nothing...nothing and then bang, but thats exactly what I love about Turbo cars, that sudden surge !

The car really shifts now. I plan to do the induction kit, Miltek exhaust, strut brace, Revo Stafe 3 Software and... thats it, everything else is just very nice.

When you look at the price of these cars, they are such good value for money. Before this I was going to get a BMW 330ci. I know the build quality is better, I know it's more stylish, comfortable and refined. I know it has perfect balance, I know it has rear wheel drive and that sexy noise of a straight six. But I also know it costs over £29.000.00 without leather, or auto, or sat nav. So all in, I'm a happy bunnny.

Triple D

Johnsey said:
If they're Bridgestone Turanzas they're shocking at the best of times :rolleyes:
Tell me about it, i joined a dual carridge way from a roundabout at the weekend and with these greasy conditions got up to about 55mph and wheelspin in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear with the tc light flashing like mad. As soon as they're worn out ill get some new wheels and get some semi slicks on these 16's and keep them for track days.

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
chris19 said:
Gaz,

I was just 19. Now I'm 20 Turbo cars, that sudden surge !

When you look at the price of these cars, they are such good value for money. Before this I was going to get a BMW 330ci. I know the build quality is better, I know it's more stylish, comfortable and refined. I know it has perfect balance, I know it has rear wheel drive and that sexy noise of a straight six. But I also know it costs over £29.000.00 without leather, or auto, or sat nav. So all in, I'm a happy bunnny.

you were going to get a 330 BM at the age of 19?

fook me! whats ur insurance like on ur remapped cupra?

chris19

Beemer Slayer
Jan 30, 2005
London
I also did, my insurance is exortionate at over £3500 for a 10 month policy with Elephant.

A friend of mine used to work in insurance and explained to me that cars also carry a risk factor in addition to insurance group. My insurance quotes for a 330ci were cheaper than the Cupra, and I'm not joking.

Ant, I love the motor mate. Same as me, doing silly milleage for work but loyal to the cause!

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
nick s said:
i don't think anyone is gonna tell insurance about a re-map! :eek:
Discussed many times before; you'll be surprised to learn how honest most of us are, and not wanting to run the risk :)

gazjones

the anoying thing i find is when traction control comes on that is it turbo boost is gone and it is slow. so i can wait till the warmer weather and see what i can reall do im looking at a remap with the revo softwear with the sps so i can change to standard in weather like this or when i to want to drive calm and not have to fill it up after 250 miles

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
don't revo advertise it as undetecable though? fair play for admitting it though!