Fr Diesel remapping

Ralphyk24

May 23, 2019
Hi all,

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff but I really love this car and would like to do a few things to it, now I know its potential.

I keep hearing various things about mapping ECUs, some good and some horrible! I just want to know where I stand when it comes to remapping my Leon Fr 184 bhp diesel. I'm being told I can get up to 220bhp with 430Nm torque. Is it worth it or am I just asking for car troubles after?

I'm also told that you need to get it done properly, with a respectable remapping garage. Could anyone suggest any?

Thanks in advance guys,

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
100% worth it. They usually give a min and max figure. I think for yours it's 210-230ish. Go in expecting less and you'll be happy or surprised. Expect more and your generally disappointed.

Where depends on your location. I went Revo who have dealers around the country. R-tech are good if they are close. Or throw up and area and someone else might be able to recommend a google local place.

Ralphyk24

May 23, 2019
Thanks for info.

I'm actually based in the midland, just outside of Stafford.

I have been told about Revo but not sure when the closest place to me is? I have seen a few garages around me offering remaps but I'm just too cautious about picking the wrong one.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You could book it in for a Revo Stage 1 at MidlandVW. Or go for a custom map at R-tech. Keeping in mind, you can probably get into MVW on fairly short notice and be in/out in an hour. R-tech will have a long wait (4-6 weeks usually) and likely need your car for a half day if not more.
https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/software/seat/leon-mk3-2012-/200/stage-1
https://www.midlandvw.co.uk/

Should probably add... I've had Revo Stage 1 on my MK2 FR+ Diesel then done Revo 1, 2 and 2+ on my Cupra. Not had any problems with any of them.

Ralphyk24

May 23, 2019
Legojon thanks for all the help, very much appreciated!

Will check out all the dealers on the revo website and midlandvw.

Thanks again

Denzil

May 2, 2008
South Wales
Hi all,

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff but I really love this car and would like to do a few things to it, now I know its potential.

I keep hearing various things about mapping ECUs, some good and some horrible! I just want to know where I stand when it comes to remapping my Leon Fr 184 bhp diesel. I'm being told I can get up to 220bhp with 430Nm torque. Is it worth it or am I just asking for car troubles after?

I'm also told that you need to get it done properly, with a respectable remapping garage. Could anyone suggest any?

Thanks in advance guys,

An ECU remap is definitely worth it. You're probably going to achieve about 30 bhp extra for a stage 1 remap. Make sure you run about two tanks of premium diesel first before the remap takes place.

Reactions: Ralphyk24

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
Hi all,

Thanks in advance guys,
Go to ultimate Remaps based in Birmingham near star city top guy his name is Shaf he will sort you a good price I've done all my mods from him even dsg tuning. Haven't had any issues 2 years on. Tell him Aqib sent you you'll get a better price hope that helps buddy

Aqib

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members